Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Certain PDFs can't be read properly - text is all messed

Folks,
    I have a PDF here that CAN be read properly in any reader, yet when I check in Foxit MobilePDF 4.5.0.0331 (using an iPAD 4, with the latest iOS, 9) all text is messed and the whole thing can't be read in a comprehensible way. Why the whole text is messed is beyond me.

I can't attach the file, only host it for download, the filesize is 86 MB. I have written an email to support@foxitsoftware.com and opened a support ticket, in the hope you can investigate this matter. I have sent you the link where you can download the entire PDF.

I'll remind you this is the 1st time I am having this problem, other PDFs were presented just fine in your reader. And from what I can see just now, it is affecting all 3 volumes from this title (I have sent you vol. 2).

Please get in touch if you have further questions or if the issue is solved, perhaps in a future update.

Regards,
    Perene

P.S. It seems the number assigned for the ticket is FOXIT #92720.

Dear Peren, We apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software.This texts can not be displayed correctly issue has been forwarded to our internal bug tacking system for our QA team to do further investigation with report ID#0070512.I will keep you posted for any updates about.

Comment

This happens to me as well. Other pdf readers can handle the text properly, but this occasionally just screws up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
        Dear Peren, We apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software.This texts can not be displayed correctly issue has been forwarded to our internal bug tacking system for our QA team to do further investigation with report ID#0070512.I will keep you posted for any updates about.
        Example:
        http://www.jstor.org/stable/40236848...n_tab_contents
        http://www.jstor.org/stable/pdf/4023...?acceptTC=true

This is it opened in Foxit Mobile PDF:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	POMXvcF.png?1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	150397

And this is it opened in google drive:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	aADvolo.png?1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	719 Bytes
ID:	150399

http://imgur.com/gallery/f2alQ is the album containing those two images if they've failed to upload properly.

https://imgur.com/gallery/IKqVj/ here's another example from a pdf I can't upload, just a minor difference, but Foxit cannot handle some text well at all except on desktop versions.
        Attached Files

Comment

Dear minimang123,

I am sorry that we can not download the PDF file"The Myth of the Rhetorical Situation" from the link you mentioned since it is a chargeable document.Would you please help to send us these two documents you referred to us directly,so that we will do a closer testing by ourselves.
          You may choose to upload the files to support@foxitsoftware.com and also indicate this thread link in letter when you mail to us.

Comment

Perene, the issue you reported will be fixed in our next release of Foxit Mobile PDF for iOS 4.7. You may give it a try after it is released.

Comment

Lisa,
              Version 4.7.1.1118 still has the same issue reported in this thread. I opened another ticket, and I provided another link to download a 86 MB PDF file. You can check this file using FOX IT and other software, and notice the problem reported before is still happening. Like I said, at least half a dozen similar files have this problem, and many others are OK. It has to be the way in which they were created.

Comment

Hi Perence,

Sorry for the trouble, and thank you for your email, we will follow up the issue via the ticket your created as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
                X