sync to Dropbox — folders ignored

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sync to Dropbox — folders ignored

I have a folder hierarchy inside Foxit. Just purchased the Dropbox connection. Selected all my local PDFs to upload, and instead of respecting the folder structure, it simply dumped all the files into the root of my Dropbox.

Hello spinhead,

Are you using Foxit Mobile PDF for IOS or for Android? And could you provide your procedure step by step so that we could better replicate the case? Any screenshot that can demonstrate the problem is much appreciated.

Comment

IOS, on my iPad.

Connect to Dropbox.

Select files in Foxit (I see no way to select FOLDERS which may be my problem)

Upload.

All files are dumped into whichever folder is selected on Dropbox.

What I'd like is to select the "documents" folder and simply have all files and folders uploaded to/synced with Dropbox.

Comment

spinhead

You may first add dropbox to iPad, then log into your dropbox account, then tap on one folder in dropbox to open it, then tap "Sync", after this, that folder will be added to "Documents". Then go to "Documents"-tap "Edit" at the top right corner then select the PDF files you'd like to sync, then tap "Move" then choose that dropbox folder. Please give it a try and let us know if you could sync documents on your iPad to specific folder in your dropbox account. Thank you.

Comment

But won't that move all the files out of my file folders and then they'll only exist in the sync folder? That's not what I want.

I have a folder structure like this:

Documents
          — Reading
          — — Fiction
          — — Nonfiction
          — Writing
          — — Mysteries
          — — Childrens

Each folder has documents in it. I want to synchronize that with Dropbox, keeping the directory structure intact, without having to manually select each individual file and folder.

Is that possible, or is that now how the tool was designed to work?

Comment

But that will move all the files out of my carefully designed directory structure and into some other folder, right?

What I'm looking for is to have my directory structure mirrored on Dropbox, identical to the layout I have on my iPad.

Is this possible, or not? If I sync a folder, will all the folders inside it be synced as well?

Comment

But that will just move all the files out of my carefully designed directory structure and into some other folder, right? I don't want that, I want the files to stay where they are.

If I sync one folder with Dropbox, will all the folders and files inside it be synced? I want to mirror what's on my iPad onto Dropbox.

Is that possible?

Comment

I've finally slowed down enough to understand what you're saying, and it works exactly as expected. All is well.

Comment

hi

it seems this problem happen very normal.
                  most of my friend happened like this.

how to resolve it ?

Comment

Originally posted by jenbaker View Post
                    hi

it seems this problem happen very normal.
                    most of my friend happened like this.

how to resolve it ?
                    Hello Jenbaker,would you please help to strictly followed the following instructions which is posted by cherry to see if it works:

You may first add dropbox to iPad, then log into your dropbox account, then tap on one folder in dropbox to open it, then tap "Sync", after this, that folder will be added to "Documents". Then go to "Documents"-tap "Edit" at the top right corner then select the PDF files you'd like to sync, then tap "Move" then choose that dropbox folder. Please give it a try and let us know if you could sync documents on your iPad to specific folder in your dropbox account. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by cherry View Post
                      spinhead

Thank you for the post but I need some clarification.

"You may first add dropbox to iPad"
                      Install the Dropbox App?

…then log into your dropbox account,
                      From the app or a browser?

…then tap on one folder in dropbox to open it, then tap "Sync",
                      I see no "Sync" in either the App or the browser based version.

…after this, that folder will be added to "Documents".

Then go to "Documents"-tap "Edit" at the top right corner then select the PDF files you'd like to sync, then tap "Move" then choose that dropbox folder.
                      From Foxit, I assume.

Right now my Foxit is "linked" to Dropbox. To my knowledge I have to navigate to each file and have "two windows open to move/copy them" analogous to a local move/copy.

This message is compiled from my iPad. I see no formatting (cr/lf) in the preview so I'll assume it will be a mess to decipher.

Comment

Originally posted by spinhead View Post
                        IOS, on my iPad.

Connect to Dropbox.

Select files in Foxit (I see no way to select FOLDERS which may be my problem)

Upload.

All files are dumped into whichever folder is selected on Dropbox.

What I'd like is to select the "documents" folder and simply have all files and folders uploaded to/synced with Dropbox.
                        I am sorry that currently there is no way to make the folder to be selected for uploading the whole folder into dropbox in Foxit Mobile PDF for iOS. We can only upload the selected PDF files into dropbox. Anyway,I have submitted the suggestion"Hope we are able to select folder to upload whole folder to dropbox" to our internal feature system with suggestion ID#MOB-807,so that it may be considered in future versions.
                        For now,you have a create a new folder with the same folder name in your dropbox first before you upload the PDF files by selecting them from your one of your documents folder.
                        Last edited by Lisa_lee; 08-27-2016, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X