No announcement yet.

android, wheel mouse support, viewing PDF files

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature android, wheel mouse support, viewing PDF files

I use the android version on an android stick. I use a wheel mouse for most interactions and rarely a keyboard.
    Many applications support scrolling using a wheel mouse, such as dropbox PDF viewer, and web browsers.
    I do not seem to get any response to the wheel mouse when using Foxit android viewer.
    A common situation that works for me in other applications is a page of PDF, expanded to fill width on a wide screen.
    In this case i must scroll by small amounts down the page while reading.
    Currently i can drag the page down by pressing and holding the left mouse button.
    The scroll wheel mouse would be ideal, and perhaps not very hard to add support.

one more thought, a menu button to manually switch between landscape and portrait would also be great. I can put my widescreen TV vertical but the android does not support switching to portrait, since it is not a phone there is no sensor to cause the screen to rotate.

Hi Mikec,

Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded your requirement that support to view PDF files by wheel mouse in reader for android to our team, they will consider it, report ID:Mobile-1128

For the button to switch between landscape and portrait , Reader for Android has the feature, please see the attached screenshot. click on Screen Lock, you can find the options.

thanks re scroll mouse.

I tried the landscape/portrait control, but it has no effect. Maybe it is that the android operating system was built without support for rotation, so perhaps not an issue with your app.

+1 for wheel Mouse support for business Edition, please.

Thanks for your message, I have added your requirement to our team.