Classic toolbar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic toolbar

It seems the old classic-toolbar mode is gone in this new 7.3-version !
    I can only chance the color of the ribbons , so we can not choose for the classic toolbar-mode anymore , did we overlooked something ??

Its not possible to chance language also !

HELP,please !
    Last edited by Piet; 01-21-2016, 12:09 PM.

Hello Piet,

Sorry to say that classic toolbar is no longer available in latest version. Maintaining two toolbar modes always require more human resources and workload. The classic mode may be phased out in the future considering more and more people get used to the Ribbon mode. May I know what the chief obstacle is for you to swich to the Ribbon mode?

Comment

It seems not possible anymore to chance the ribbon-toolbar mode into the old classic-mode ,in the latest version of Foxit Phantom.
      Its also not possible to chance language !

Help,please !

Comment

Well, we are accustomed to the classic toolbar, so its not easy to switch to the ribbons .
        Another big problem is the fact that we can not chance language also, while our Dutch language-file can be downloaded on the Foxit-site ??!

Comment

Hi Piet,

I‘ll report your feedback to our PM about the toolbar mode. As for the language, the new release version is for English and the languages are translated by users. Dutch language file has not translated completed. Please try later. You could find the translation progress or give us assistance to the language file via the link below.
          http://languages.foxitsoftware.com/?proid=60

Comment

Thank you very much for your help !
            So we can not use this Dutch-langfile, yet !
            Maybe you understand now,why its so hard to work with this new release !
            No classic-toolbar and not in my own language also !!
            We wonder if its a good idea to update to this version, so from 7.2 to 7.3.
            Do you have some usefull advice for us ??

Comment

It's not just the Dutch, Doris. I suffered a stroke, and have severe - one could even say debilitating - difficulties adapting to that damnable "ribbon style" interface. I *need* my UI's to stay as close to classic as is possible.

Forgetting about the handicapped, Foxit? The learning disabled?

I won't cast blame - yet. But I'll note this: I thought nothing of such problems - until one morning in 1998 when I woke up paralyzed along my entire left side and unable to speak or write.It was a long hard road just to learn how to talk again.

Yeah, two toolbars are an additional workload, Doris. I _understand_ that. I do. I just hope you understand *my* position.

In the meantime, I've gone back to v7.2 and set the auto-update to "Off". I can't afford to have a seizure at my computer because of those damned ribbon interfaces.

Comment

The classic style uses less screen space ;is less cluttered with functions I don't nee and lets me pre-can frequent functions such as hide tool bar.
                I switched to Foxit because it was faster and more robust that Adobe.
                If I can't fix this I will have to revert to Adobe - but I'd rather not - please don't reduce functionality just to make it look pretty !

Comment

Originally posted by PeterSheltrum View Post
                  The classic style uses less screen space ;is less cluttered with functions I don't nee and lets me pre-can frequent functions such as hide tool bar.
                  If I can't fix this I will have to revert to Adobe - but I'd rather not - please don't reduce functionality just to make it look pretty !
                  You can hide the ribbon so it will release more screen spaces, and we will absolutely report your feedback to our PM team for future evaluation, hope it will be considered.

Comment

Originally posted by Piet View Post
                    Thank you very much for your help !
                    So we can not use this Dutch-langfile, yet !
                    Maybe you understand now,why its so hard to work with this new release !
                    No classic-toolbar and not in my own language also !!
                    We wonder if its a good idea to update to this version, so from 7.2 to 7.3.
                    Do you have some usefull advice for us ??
                    Dutch language file has not translated completed but it can be used for new version 7.3, what happens when you try to install the language file?

Comment

Not all people who are upgrading will download the trial version and may part with cash for the new version. Foxit should make it explicit in their web pages that the toolbar will from now on only be in ribbon form. Then at least people can make a considered decision and not throw good money away on a product with a feature they don't want. I am glad to have found out in advance and will not upgrade any more. There are other products out there and previous versions of this program will do virtually everything you want anyway.

Comment

Hi Santiago102,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I have forwarded your feedback to our PM team, they will consider it.

Now if you still keep the classic mode, here is the download link for version 7.2.8 which has the classic mode.
                        http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/f..._enu_Setup.exe

Comment

Originally posted by PeterSheltrum View Post
                          I second that.

Comment

Originally posted by lyndi_wu View Post
                            Hi Santiago102,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I have forwarded your feedback to our PM team, they will consider it.

Now if you still keep the classic mode, here is the download link for version 7.2.8 which has the classic mode.
                            http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/f..._enu_Setup.exe
                            Thanks for the download link, Unfortunately this is for the Reader only.
                            As this forum is for PhantomPDF could you upload a link to the latest version of v7.2 PhantomPDF
                            Thank you.
                            daveUK

Comment

Hi DaveUK,

There are download links for version 7.2.
                              http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/f..._enu_Setup.msi
                              http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/f..._enu_Setup.msi

Comment

Working...
                              X