Setting Default folder programatically in Ver 7.3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting Default folder programatically in Ver 7.3

We were previously using Foxit PhantomPDF ver 6.2, and were able to set the default folder by updating FoxitPhantomPrinterProfile.xml in the C:\Users\userName\AppData\Roaming\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Creator directory.

After moving to Ver 7.3.0.1225 this no longer works. I see that when I modify the printing preferences via the 'Devices and Printers' dialog, a file is created/updated in the C:\Users\userName\AppData\Roaming\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Creator\Foxit PhantomPDF Printer folder. If I manually modify the value for DefaultFolder in that file, it does not immediately update the preference displayed after opening the "Devices and Printers' dialog. However, once I open that dialog, close it and open it again, the new folder name appears. Foxit also does not use the new folder until after this dialog has been displayed. Can anyone tell me how to have the printing function immediately use the modified DefaultFolder location? Or if there is any other way to modify the default location?

Thanks,
    Jim

Thank you for reporting it, I have reported it to our internal bug tracking system for further investigation. Report ID#: 74844. I've monitored this issue and will keep you posted with the update.

Comment

Thanks Richell, can you give me any idea when we might hear something?

Jim

Comment

jhoagland ,We have just reminded our QA team of this issue again. Once there is any updates about it,we will keep you posted.

Comment

I've installed ver 8.0.1.628, and this behavior has not changed. Will this ever be corrected? As it is, we must remain on ver 6.2 or look for a different solution. Our need is to programatically change the default folder and file name of the document to be printed.

Thanks,
          jim

Comment

jhoagland

I'm afraid version 8.0.1 hasn't included the fix yet. I'm wondering if you're running 64-bit OS. In 64-bit OS, if printing from 32-bit app likes PhantomPDF, we have to first check if there's splwow64.exe process in the task manager, if there is, we need to terminate this process first then re-start the application and see if the new setting takes effect. Please check if you've terminated the splwow64.exe before you update the .xml file. Thank you.

BTW, I've sent out another reminder to get an update from the QA and Dev engineer. Thank you.

Comment

Hi jhoagland,
              ​​​​​​​
              Have you tried the solution provided by cherry? For the version 7.3, you can try the solution provided by cherry to see if it works. For the new version 8, since we have included signature into the .xml file so customers are unable to edit the .xml file directly to make the settings take effect. In your case, you can config it by printer Preferences with one pc then distribute the result .xml file to other users.
              ( We noticed your company also purchased the maintenance, so you are entitles to upgrade to version 8 for free.)

Comment

richell_huang,Trying the fix in the 7.3 version will do me no good, as I'm being pressured to have a solution that works in the latest version. Guess I'm not sure what you mean by 'distribute the result .xml file to other users'. To recap, my need is to programatically set the file name and file location with no user dialog. Any solution that solves that would be great!

Comment

@jhoagland Sorry that the current mechanism does not allow you to programatically set the file name and file location with no user dialog.From version 8 and on, customers are unable to edit the .xml file directly. You need to modify it by the printing preferences via the 'Devices and Printers' dialog.
                  If you have many users need to work with the same parameters, you can distribute the result .xml file for them.
                  Anyway, I have reported your feedback to our team for reference, report id:PHANTOM-7881, any update, I will keep you informed.

Comment

@jhoagland Our team decide to compile one .exe file for you so you are able to edit the .xml file directly with Foxit PhantomPDF 8, now the problem goes back to the original one you reported, you have tore-start the application before printing to make the new setting take effect. Is it ok for you?

Comment

Working...
                    X