How to remove lightbulb-nag?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove lightbulb-nag?

As seen in the attached picture: How to remove the nag-notification with the lightbulb?

Dear Starhowl, I am sorry that currently there is no option to disable the message. We have submitted this request"add an option to disable the message "Some pages contain unrecognized text. You can run text recognition etc....""to our internal feature system for our product team's evaluation with feature ID:PHANTOM-6385.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
      Dear Starhowl, I am sorry that currently there is no option to disable the message. We have submitted this request"add an option to disable the message "Some pages contain unrecognized text. You can run text recognition etc....""to our internal feature system for our product team's evaluation with feature ID:PHANTOM-6385.
      Bump. Any update on this feature? I love FoxIt and have purchased several licenses for our business, but the constant lightbulb nag is really annoying.

Comment

Dear jhuettner,

For now,you are able to hide the Text Recognition Bulk message by GPO configuration or configuring with XML editor .For details,please refer to the instructions in the following article:
        https://help.foxitsoftware.com/kb/hi...lb-message.php

Comment

The Lisa_lee post doesn't really answer the OP question; how to get rid of the "light-bulb nag". It is really annoying....REALLY. Why application developers want to annoy their users in this manner is really a puzzle to me. Please provide a configuration option to turn the "light-bulb" OFF. Thanks.

Comment

Echo the sentiments above. This can't come fast enough. The current option "Don't automatically expand notification messages" is counter-productive since it forces me to click the lightbulb and then click "clear" (which is itself confusing, and should just be "close"). We get it, you're pushing your OCR function and you want us to OCR every pdf in existence, whether it's scanned text or a pie chart. But your interest to promote your OCR function is not in line with my interest to have a clean reading/editing experience. Please don't create your own "Clippy".

Comment

Dear jmjamison,

The option"Don't automatically expand notification messages" under the "General"tab in preferences dialog is for always hiding the notification message in the little yellow bulb ,just display the bulb without expanding the detailed message until you manually click on the bulb. There is still no way to disable the bulb message when open a scanned or image-based document. For this situation,I have submitted the suggestion"Support to disable the bulb message when open scanned or image-based document" as a new feature to our internal feature system for our product marketing's reference with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-9160.,so that it may be considered in future versions.

Comment

Working...
              X