Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scan and OCR a document causes Adobe Reader to prompt users to download font pack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scan and OCR a document causes Adobe Reader to prompt users to download font pack

Hi, when I scan and OCR a document to a Searchable Text Image and then save and distribute it some of the recipients complains that Adobe Reader prompts them to download a font pack. Is there any features in Foxit Phantom to embed fonts needed?
    Last edited by konsult.thomas; 08-09-2016, 06:06 AM.

konsult.thomas

Please uncheck "Reduce size and optimize" the scan dialog then try to re-create the scanned PDF document and see if it helps. If it doesn't help, please help provide the following info:
    1) Version info of your Foxit PhantomPDF;
    2) The PDF in question for testing;
    3) A screenshot that shows the rendering problem in Adobe Reader.

BTW, if it is inconvenient to upload the PDF file here, you may email to support@foxitsoftware.com. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for your answer but I dont use a scanner. When I say Scan and OCR I mean I open a scanned document attached to me in an e-mail and ocr that document. Sorry for that.

1. I have Phantom 8.2.0.2192.
      2. I'll try to get my hands on a document without personal information.
      3. Adobe message:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	ar.png Views:	1 Size:	60.0 KB ID:	162718
      Click image for larger version

Name:	fontpack.png
Views:	1
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	162773

fontpack.png
      Last edited by konsult.thomas; 02-28-2017, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Hi Cherry, can I e-mail you the document that causes this error?
        /Regards, Thomas.

Comment

Hi konsult.thomas,

If possible, please send the original file and the OCRed document to support@foxitsoftware.com to protect your information.

Comment

Hi Doris, I just sent you the requested files.
            Have a nice weekend. /Thomas

Comment

Hi Doris, did you find anything that could solve this issue?
              /Regards: Thomas

Comment

Hi Thomas,

Sorry that I fail to receive the file you sent. If you have sent the file successfully, you will receive an auto reply message from Foxit with a ticket number. Could you please resend the document or provide me the ticket number? Please add attn: doris in the subject if you could resend the file.

If you do not receive any message (including auto reply), please let us know your email address for investigation.

Regards,
                Doris

Comment

Working...
                X