Foxit PhantomPDF Printer V8.0.2.805

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxit PhantomPDF Printer V8.0.2.805

We seem to be having difficulty printing or converting webpages to PDF from IE 11 and Google Chrome.

One of our users had Foxit PhantomPDF Business version 7.3.4.311 and was trying to save a webpage to PDF by using the Foxit PhantomPDF Printer. It was working in IE 11 and then it stopped and started giving her the error: "There was an internal error, and Internet Explorer is unable to print this document."

I had her try Chrome and it appeared to print but when she tried to open the file, Foxit threw an error: "Format error: Not a PDF or corrupted."

After resetting the browsers, she stopped getting the error from IE 11 but the resulting file was still "Not a PDF or corrupted."

I upgraded her to 8.0.2.805 and it appeared to work for a while today but then again, it stopped working and she again got the error in IE. I reset IE back to defaults and cleared the cache. The error stopped but again, the saved file has a format error.

I started digging through forums for clues and saw in another thread that there's now a Convert tab in both browsers. I tried it in both browsers and the resulting files open but they're completely blank.

This happens on her computer and mine so it isn't a corrupted profile. Does anyone have ideas of what else I should try? I was going to attach an image of both errors but for some reason, I'm not permitted to upload attachments.

Dear linda_svc,

We apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software.This issue"Got corrupted PDF file when the PDF file is created by printing webpages in IE 11 and Google Chrome"has been submitted to our internal bug tracking system with report ID#80945.
    However,we still need your help to send us the following information for better investigating on this issue:
    1:Your OS information(eg:mine is windows7x32bit).
    2: Did you use windows on virtual machines?
    3: Did this issue happen to all webpages or just some specific webpages? Please send us URL link of one webpage that you tried to print it into PDF file and then issue happened. And please also send us the converted problematic PDF file.
    4:Please navigate to your Foxit PhantomPDF's main installation folder,somewhere like:
    "C:\Program Files\Foxit Software"
    or
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software"
    please open "plugins"folder there and find the file"FoxitPhantomPDFBrowserAx.dll"this dll file there and send us this dll file.

You may choose to send us all the requested information above to support@foxitsoftware.com and indicate this thread link when you mail to us.

Comment

Dear Yaamon,
      Thanks for your reply.Regarding this situation you mentioned,I have submitted the suggestion"To show the list of highlights which contains a summary of the text that user highlighted in document comments panel in Foxit Reader for windows desktop" as a new feature to our internal feature system with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-6675. And in Foxit MobilePDF for windows,there is still no comments panel for user to see the list of highlights.

Comment

linda_svc

Regarding the issue"Got corruptedPDF file when the PDF file is ceated by printing webpages in IE 11 and Google Chrome"you reported,our Dev team are now focusing on investigating it.
        They still need your help to offer us some further information for further analysis.
        Firstly,please help to upgrade your Foxit PhantomPDF to most current version 8.3 of Foxit PhantomPDF which could be downloaded below:
        http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/pub/f..._enu_Setup.msi
        If the issue still persists in the new installation ,please help to navigate to the following folder:
        "C:\Users\CurrentUserName\AppData\Roaming\Foxi t Software\Foxit PDF Creator\Creator-Log", package all log files and send them to us.
        If there are no log files under Creator-Log, please complete the following procedures to get requested log file for further trouble shooting.
        1. Download the following compressed file to unzip it to get the "creator_log_setting" folder that contains two files “logsetting.ini” and "SimpleLogSetting.exe".
        http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss...og_setting.zip
        2. Double click on "SimpleLogSetting.exe" to run and leave it aside. This program will capture your printing procedures and generate a log file.
        3. Do the usual printing to our PDF printer to reproduce the problem.
        4. After done, go to C:\, find "test0.log" and send it to me by attaching it to this message. And exit "SimpleLogSetting.exe" by clicking on the X button.
        If you don't find the "test0.log" under C:\, which should be that the log file was blocked from writing into your system dirve. You need to change the log location. Please do the following:
        --Go to "creator_log_setting" folder, double click on the "logsetting.ini" file to open it in Notepad. You can see the following text strings:
        [Settings]:
        level=1
        appender=2
        filename= C:\test0.log
        waittime=5000
        fromat=1

--Where the "C:\test0.log" is the destined location. Change the C:\ to other non-system drive like
        "D:\test0.log" OR "F:\test0.log" depending on what drive you have on your system. After done, save it.
        --Repeat steps 2-4.

In addition,you are also able to use"PhantomPDF Create PDF toolbar" to convert the webpage to PDF.
        Once you install V8 of Foxit PhantomPDF, you have a Create PDF toolbar in the IE/Google chrome/Firefox toolbar,
        see the attached file. You can use it to create PDF files from web sites.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X