Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert Excel comments to notes in pdf

Hi all
    I am newbie, i want to create pdf file from excel but keep comments (in pdf become notes). I tried foxit phantom but can not convert, please give me your help. tks so much

Dear ThangTa,

Thanks for using Foxit Software.To convert excel file into PDF file with comments included,please refer to "how to print comments in excel"in the following article:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Print-comments-718920d5-ddeb-49f5-9460-cc1dc0b074a6

Comment

Tks Lisa_li but i want to convert excel comments to notes in pdf not print comments

Comment

Dear Thang Ta,

Thanks for your reply.In fact,the link that I gave you above already includes the instructions of how to make the comments to be displayed in converted document. Here I would like to sum up the steps for you again. Please do the following procedures:
        1. Open your excel document,click on the Review tab, in the Comments group, click Show All Comments.
        2:Click on the Page Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, click the dialog box launcher Button image next to Page Setup to open "Page setup"window.
        3:On the Sheet tab in page setup window, in the Comments box, click "As displayed on sheet">click"OK"to save the setting.
        Finally,please print the opened excel file with Foxit PhantomPDF printer into a PDF document or click on "Foxit PDF"tab>"Create PDF" in excel file to convert it into PDF file.
        Attached Files

Comment

Dear Lisa,

Tks for your reply, but after i did these steps the result only show the comments in pdf file (not convert to notes in pdf file). In attached file, there are 3 pictures (excel_comments.jpg, pdf_comments_actual_result.jpg, pdf_notes_desired_result.jpg).Can you give me different way ?

Comment

Dear ThangTa,I thought you just need to make the comments in excel document to be also included in the converted PDF file,that is the reason why I gave you those instructions. I am sorry that there is not any way to convert the comments in excel into notes in PDF file during conversion.
            You may choose to create a PDF file without including the comments from excel file,then manually add notes into PDF file by using the "Note"tool under "Comment"menu in Foxit Software.

Comment

Thank for the reply Lisa

Comment

Dear ThangTa, I have also submitted the suggestion"Able to convert Excel comments to notes in pdf" as a new feature to our
                product marketing team for future consideration with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-7600.
                So it may be considered in future versions.

Comment

Working...
                X