No announcement yet.

Change order of objects - Arrange Z-order

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change order of objects - Arrange Z-order

I've been struggling with the order of objects inserted into Foxit PhantomPDF since we started using it recently. With Adobe Acrobat, every new object added would be placed on top (above) the former object.

With Foxit PhantomPDF, I've noticed that new objects get placed below the former object. It appears that if you select an object and go to the ARRANGE tab, there is a Z-Order option, but it is grayed out and I've never been able to successfully use this option.

I have checked every option and searched online, but have not had any luck with how to resolve this issue.

Is there a way to toggle draw order or object order? Or change the default so that new objects appear above older objects?

Below is an example of what I'm talking about. I am trying to mark a box in a stamp I placed. If place the stamp first and then try to mark the box that I want, the line I draw shows up behind the box. I have to draw the line first, then insert the stamp. Or flatten the stamp, then add the line (which is not convenient at all). The one on the left is if I put the stamp in first, then try to mark on the stamp. On the right is if I draw the line first, then add the stamp. Very counter-intuitive.

Would you please send us the example pdf file for internal test? If it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to Thank you in advance.

In addition, let me know the version of Foxit PhantomPDF you use.