Crashing after open a PDF edited in Foxit MobilePDF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash Crashing after open a PDF edited in Foxit MobilePDF

Since I moved from Foxit Reader to Foxit PhantomPDF I have a crash after opening a pdf file edited with the mobile version. I tested it many times in different moments and the crash was always the same: (1) I open a PDF on my PC with Phantom and it is everything normal; (2) I edit (and save) the pdf file with Phantom, highlighting some lines of the text using the comments tool 'Highlight'; (3) I click on "View documents comments" in the left panel and it is everything normal (I can see all the highlights along the text); (4) I transfer this pdf file to my tablet (does matter how, e-mail, dropbox, flash drive); (5) I can open the pdf on my tablet using the mobile version and it is everything normal. I can see the highlighted text perfectly; (6) Now I highlight few more lines of the text and save the file; (7) Following, I send back the pdf file to my computer and open it with PhantomPDF. The new lines of text highlighted with MobilePDF do not appear on the pdf file; (8) When I click on "View documents comments" the PhantomPDF prompt the window "Initializing comments panel" and blocks permanently.

Summarizing: If I use the comment tool for highlight text in the MobilePDF, I can not see this comments on the PhantomPDF and If I try to open "View documents comments" the program blocks. This crash never occurred before when I was using the Foxit Reader.

Any idea about what is happening??

Best regards,
    Felipe Lemos

@felipelemosufv

Please provide the following info:
    1) Version number of your Foxit PhantomPDF;
    2) Version number of your Foxit Reader for iOS/Android;
    3) Did it occur to any PDF document or specific one? Please provide the PDF document in question for testing purpose;
    4) How did you send back the PDF file to your computer?
    5) OS info of your Computer and Tablet.

If it is inconvenient to upload the info/file here, you may email to support@foxitsoftware.com Attn: Cherry. Thank you.

Comment

Dear Cherry,

There it goes two pdf files as an example and with the answers to your questions!

Thanks,
      Felipe Lemos.

Attached Files

Comment

Dear felipelemosufv,

I have tried to open the PDF file "Example of Crash with PhantomPDF After Tablet.PDF"you sent with Foxit PhantomPDF 8.3.When I tried to view the comments in comment panel´╝î
        I also got message "Initializing comments panel"and then Foxit PhantomPDF became no responding.For this issue"Got mesasge "Initializing comments panel"when open comments panel,then became no responding",it has been
        submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#QCPHANTOM-1989.I will keep you informed for any updates about it.

However,I still need to know which application you used to highlighted texts in PDF file on your tablet? Is it Foxit Mobile PDF for iOS or Foxit Mobile PDF for Android,we also need to know its version number(such as Foxit MobilePDF for iOS 5.4).
        And please give us the OS information of your tablet.

Comment

Dear Lisa,

Answering your questions:
          "However,I still need to know which application you used to highlighted texts in PDF file on your tablet? Is it Foxit Mobile PDF for iOS or Foxit Mobile PDF for Android, ,we also need to know its version number(such as Foxit MobilePDF for iOS 5.4)."

On tablet, I used Foxit MobilePDF version 5.4.0.0413 for Android Version 4.4.2

"And please give us the OS information of your tablet."

Model SM-T520, Running Android 4.4.2. Kernel version 3.4.39-4497041, Compilation: KOT49H.T520UBUAOC2

Is that enough? If you need any information else, please let me know!

Thank you for the cooperation,
          Felipe Lemos.

Comment

Dear felipelemosufv, There is something wrong with the comments that added by Foxit Reader for Android version5.4.0, and we have fixed it in version 5.4.1, you just need to update your reader for Android, then try to add comments in PDF file,then you will find that the comment panel will be opened correctly when it is opened in Foxit PhantomPDF.

Comment

Working...
            X