Need Help Adding .JobOptions File

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Adding .JobOptions File

I use Lulu to publish my quarterly literary magazine. We lost one of our source files so I'm recreating it using Foxit PhantomPDF. So far it's going swimmingly. The only issue is that the italics are jamming together. Lulu says it's because I need to use their .JobOptions file when I save the PDF back out again. I can't see where to add the .JobOptions file in to this system. How would I do that?

Thanks!

If it helps to see the problem we're fixing, when we use the italics font, Lulu is merging letters together in specific situations. You can see that happening here. We were having this problem with all of our files after mid-2014 or so. For the files we can regenerate properly, it now works as long as we use that .JobOptions file. So we do have a solution. But for this particular PDF we can't regenerate it the proper way. We can only edit the PDF file in Foxit PhantomPDF and then submit it.

Comment

Dear Lisa Shea,

You said that Lulu would merge italics together.For this situation,I suggest you choose to change those italics into normal texts in PDF file with our Foxit PhantomPDF by doing as follows:
      Go to "Edit"tab in Foxit PhantomPDF>"Edit Object/text">press"Ctrl+A" to select all of the texts in existing page,please click on the "Italic"icon in the "Fonts"group under "Edit"tab to make all of the texts to change into Italic texts temporary,then click on the "Italic"icon again to make all of the texts into "Normal"texts.
      Then switch to another page to change italics into normal texts page by page.

If I didn't understand your query correctly,please help to rephrase it in more details.

Comment

Working...
      X