Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update to version 8.3.1.211555 is extremely slow.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update to version 8.3.1.211555 is extremely slow.

I have Foxit PhantomPDF Standard version 8.3.0.14878 installed and I'm trying to download the 8.3.1.211555 update. What I'm doing is: with PhantomPDF opened I go to the Help tab > Check for Updates and in the Available Updates column of the Foxit PhantomPDF Updater the only item I select is the Foxit PhantomPDF Upgrade. Then I click on Add and Next and the download starts but the problem is that despite it's being a small file (about 205 MB) the download estimated time is extremely high, keeping varying from 2 hours to 12 hours or more. I have a very fast internet provider and I can usually download files with this size in seconds. One of the times I was trying to download the update after one hour or more I received the message "Download was unsusescful. Please check your internet connection and try again" but my internet was working fine with no problem. I tried many times but it's always the same thing.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I entitled to this update? Can it be some kind of fireware, antivĂ­rus or anti-malware problem? Thanks in advance and please excuse me for my awful english.

Itamar Carvalhaes

Ok, I finally got it downloaded and installed. It took about 3 or 4 hours downloading but everything went fine this time.

I got now version 8.3.1.21155 installed.

Itamar Carvalhaes

Comment

Hello Tatorp56,

Sorry for the inconvenience. May I know where is your location and what is your internet service provider and your network speed to debug the issue?

Comment

I've also been having this problem with updates for a while now. Trying to do this same update on three different computers and estimates four hours. Have tried using a different connection without a corporate firewall and same result. Primary Internet is 200MB fiber through Level3 in Everett, WA

Comment

1wheeler1

Did the problem persist? Please email your location, internet service provider and IP information to support@foxitsoftware.com for further processing. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X