Edit text formatting in comments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Edit text formatting in comments

Hello, I'm in the process of switching over to Foxit. I have been a long time user of Acrobat and there is a feature from Acrobat that I miss. In Acrobat it's possible to edit the text formatting of comments. Comment text formatting includes: bold, italics, underline, superscript & subscript, font color, font size. The other nice thing I like about Acrobat is that while you are writing a comment, you can use popular keyboard shortcuts to edit the formatting. For example, you can highlight a word and then press Ctrl+B to make it bold, just like in Microsoft Word. The same goes for Ctrl+= which toggles subscript. Lastly I like how in Acrobat when I'm writing a comment Ctrl+B makes the text bold BUT when I'm not writing a comment (if I'm just reading the PDF) pressing Ctrl+B adds a bookmark, meaning that the keyboard shortcuts are contextual, or "smart".

I really love Foxit so far and I would like to stick with it. That's why I would be very glad to see this feature implemented in the near future.

Below is a screenshot of what this feature looks like on Acrobat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	acrobat comment text formatting.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	164670
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jorge24; 07-19-2017, 08:09 AM.

Dear Jorge24,

This feature"Supporting to format the text (bold, italicize, underline, strike and change font, superscript/subscript) in the popup note box"you mentioned has already been
    submitted as a new feature to our internal feature system with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-5406.And our developers team have already worked on it and it will be expected to be implemented in our next major release version 9.0 if everything goes well.

Comment

Working...
    X