Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open SharePoint-hosted PDF in Internet Explorer 11 directly from SharePoint

Hello,

I was wondering if I could force (trick?) Foxit reader to open a SharePoint-hosted PDF from the SharePoint site directly, instead of from a local directory in C:\users\...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetC ache\IE.

I'm aware of the "File > Add a place > SharePoint" method, but I was wondering why this is not done automatically, as it would MASSIVELY improve the User Experience!

Does anyone have any ideas?

tkolios

Do you mean that now you get pdf files on SharePoint opening in IE browser, but you want to open these pdf files in Foxit program directly´╝č

In addition, is your SharePoint online or on-premise?

Comment

lyndi_wu

Sorry for the late reply, I was expecting an email notification!
      t's SharePoint on-premise, and what I would like is to click/open a PDF file from the IE browser and be able to edit + save the changes to the form's fields!
      It doesn't really matter to me in which application the PDF file opens in, as long as the user can simply Click the link > Edit the PDF > Save > Automatically upload file to SP.

Comment

Dear tkolios,

Firstly,we need to know the version number of your sharepoint? If its version is older than Sharepoint2013 version 15.0.4551.1005,
        you may refer to attached document"SharePoint Configuration.pdf"to know how to configure in Foxit Reader/Foxit PhantomPDf to make it to be able to checkin/checkout PDF from sharepoint.

And it must be mentioned that when the SharePoint updated to Sharepoint2013 version 15.0.4551.1005 , it was no longer support "ActiveX Controls". This is same to Adobe. Here is a website that list all SharePoint build numbers for your references:
        http://www.toddklindt.com/blog/Lists...st.aspx?ID=346

For sharepoint 2013 which is newer than 15.0.4551.1005 and sharepoint 2016,we suggest you use one of the following workaround to checkin/checkout PDF files from sharepoint:
        The first workaround:
        Open our Foxit Reader/Foxit PhantomPDF directly,then go to "FILE"menu in Foxit Software>"Open">"Add a place",then add your SP URL there to make Foxit Software to open PDF file on your SP server there. After you having made any changes in the opened PDF file,please just click on "FILE"menu>"Save",then the changes will be saved to SP server directly.
        The second workaround:
        Open Windows explorer on end user's computer,and then click on"Map network drive"to make the Sharepoint server as a network drive on computer.Please refer to attached screenshot:map.jpg.
        Then you can open PDF files on the sharepoint from the mapped drive there

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X