Internet Explorer Crashes When Trying to Convert Web Page to PDF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer Crashes When Trying to Convert Web Page to PDF

Running PhantomPDF Version: 8.3.2.25013 under Windows 7 SP1 32 bit, with Internet Explorer version 9.

PhantomPDF seems to manage to convert small web pages to PDF OK. But for large web pages (that require scrolling down several pages to see the entire web page), Internet Explorer 9 always crashes when I select PhantomPDF to "Convert to Foxit PDF" option from the drop down menu at the top of Internet Explorer!?

Does the crash occur because there is a file size limit in PhantomPDF for conversion of html web pages to PDF, or what?

Note that another certain major web page to PDF convertor software sometimes has difficulties in converting these large web pages (and stops conversion due to some error), but eventually succeeds in converting web pages in the end after several attempts.

Note also that I'm running on a slow dial-up internet connection. But before attempting web page conversion, I always make sure web pages have fully loaded first.

So why is Internet Explorer 9 crashing when attempting to convert large web pages to PDF using PhantomPDF?

Thank you.

Dear brispuss,

Sorry for the trouble our software causes to you.Would you please help to upgrade your Internet Explorer browser to most current version 11 to see if it helps.You may download IE11 from the following webpage:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...orer-downloads
    If the issue still persists in IE11,please help to send us the following information for further analysis:
    1:Is there any error message indicated when IE crashed(It was closed directly or said"stop working")?
    2:In which step,your IE browser crashed?(start or during the conversion)?
    3:Please send us the URL link of one web page which you failed to convert it into PDF file.

Comment

Thank you for the response.

For reasons of "compatibility", I did not want to upgrade Internet Explorer 9 to version 11 on Windows 7 32 bit. So I moved PhantomPDF to my other operating system, Windows 7 SP1 64 bit which already has Internet Explorer 11 installed.

This time under Windows 7 64 bit and using Internet Explorer 11, the large web page (located here - http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/wal...y-walkthrough/ ) was successfully converted to PDF format using PhantomPDF!

So it would appear that for large web pages, PDF conversion can not be done when using Internet Explorer 9.

While running Internet Explorer 9 (and under Windows 7 32 bit), as soon as "Convert to Foxit PDF" is selected to convert the large web page, Internet Explorer "crashes" (actually it closes down and then re-opens) with a message appearing that IE needs to restart . . ..

Comment

Dear brispuss,

Thanks for your feedback.I have submitted the problem"IE9 Crashes When Trying to Convert Web Page to PDF"to our internal bug tracking system with report ID#QCPHANTOM-4845.I will keep you informed for any updates about this issue or you may write to support@foxitsoftware.com with this report ID(QCPHANTOM-4845) to track its processing status.

Comment

Working...
        X