PhantomPDF hanging after installing new Fujitsu fi-7160

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhantomPDF hanging after installing new Fujitsu fi-7160

I have PhantomPDF Business, version 8.3.2.25031 on Windows 7. We've been using this software for a few years using a Fujitsu fi-6130 scanner. Recently, that scanner died and we replaced it with a new fi-7160. Now, after scanning, PhantomPDF completely hangs. I cannot click on any tabs or dialogs withing PhantomPDF. I have to start the Task Manager, and click End Task for PhantomPDF. This doesn't actually end the task, but I do get the prompt to save the scan and PhantomPDF is working again. This is repeatable and in fact happens every time I scan.

Dear OHPRS Tech,

I apologize for the inconvenience.As to this situation you mentioned,we suggest you try to perform a fresh installation for your Foxit PhantomPDF and delete the Foxit scanning configuration file to see if it helps.Please help to do the following procedures:
    1) Please make sure you've closed all PhantomPDF related programs (IE, Firefox...) then go to "Control Panel"->"Add/Remove Programs" to uninstall Foxit PhantomPDF;
    Go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF 8.0" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF 8.0" to delete the whole folder of Foxit PhantomPDF 8.0;
    2) Reinstall Foxit PhantomPDF 8.3.You may download a new setup file from this link:
    http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/pub/f..._enu_Setup.msi
    3)Delete the scanning configuration file "ScanOpeData.xml"from the following folder:
    "C:\Users\[current username]\AppData\Roaming\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF\Scans"
    If there is still any problem,please help to email this issue to support@foxitsoftware (Attn:Lisa),and indicate this thread link. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X