Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't open links to local files anymore, spaces in the link seem to break it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Can't open links to local files anymore, spaces in the link seem to break it.

Hi, I have PhantomPDF Standard version: 8.3.2.25013. I've been creating pdfs from Visio files using the Publish as PDF option in Visio in order to keep the hyperlinks to other pdf files within the server (local archives) in some shapes. Used to work fine as I was able to open them when clicking on the shape in the published PDF file. However, when I click them now and after clickling "Allow" in the warning dialog, a browser is opened for each separate character string found in the path. For example, trying to open an hyperlink to a "C:\PDF Reports\Linked File.pdf" tries to open tabs for "C:\PDF", "Reports\Linked" and "File.pdf". The actual linked file is not found.

Hyperlinks still work as intended in other pdf viewers and internet browsers, though, so I suspect that something may have broken with the latest PhantomPDF update.

Hello javhert,

Sorry for the trouble. As per testing to replicate the case, I have a link F:\new learner\JS.PDF in the published file but the file could be opened. For further testing, could you please provide us below information?
    1 Could you send us a sample file to have a check?
    2 A screenshot to show what is opened after clicking the link on your end.
    3 A screenshot to show the warning dialog.
    4 Your O.S. version.

Comment

Working...
    X