"Convert to PDF" option missing from Excel and Word toolbars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Convert to PDF" option missing from Excel and Word toolbars

Installed Phantom PDF v9 using “typical” install option. Install was successful but “Convert to PDF” option missing in Excel and Word (Microsoft Office 365).
    Can someone help, please?

NEVER MIND. Excel and Word will let me save files in PDF format and have Phantom PDF automatically open them afterwards. Problem solved.

Last edited by ConnieB; 12-03-2017, 03:36 PM.

ConnieB

Our dev team compiled a new creator dll file based on the issue. Could you please help to do as the following to replace the dll file to see if it helps?
    1. Browse to the installation folder of Foxit PhantomPDF, by default, it is: 'C:\Program Files(x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF\Plugins\Creator', navigate to the folder 'x64' or 'x86', it is based on the version of your Office, you can check the version of Office you use by going to File>Account>About Word(Excel/PPT) in Office, if your Office is 32-bit, please naviagate to 'x86' folder.
    2. Make a backup of the dll file, then replace with the new dll files.
    Take Office Word 64-bit as an example.
    If Create PDF button in Word 64-bit is greyed out, please make a backup of the file FPC_WordAddin_x64.dll in the directory'C:\Program Files\Foxit Softwar\Foxit PhantomPDF\Plugins\Creator\x64', then replace it with the new one.
    The download link for the new .dll files for all Office programs Word/PPT/Excel:
    For Foxit PhantomPDF:
    http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss...36/PHANTOM.zip
    For Foxit Reader:
    http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss...936/READER.zip
    3. Restart Office Word/Excel/PowerPoint, create a new office file to see if Create PDF button is available.

Comment

@Cherry,

Cherry,
      I was able to add the "Foxit PDF" option to Word and Excel. I don't use Power Point, but I saw the option was already there. I had to do something extra to get it to work in Excel. I had to add the Foxit plugins folder (x86) to the Trusted Locations in Trust Settings. I didn't have to do this for Word

I had to send my reply using a support ticket. The response time on the forum is unbelievably slow and except for the first reply I posted today, it came back with the "Empty Response" message. I guarantee that I entered a response. Trying to post on the forum has suddenly become very frustrating.

THANK YOU for your help!

ConnieB
      Last edited by ConnieB; 12-07-2017, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X