No announcement yet.

Merge front and back side of a two-sided multi-page scanned document.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Merge front and back side of a two-sided multi-page scanned document.

I am re-posting on a request made about 3 years ago that somehow is still pending, although I can't post on the original item anymore. The issue is that unless you have a two-sided scanner, managing two-sided documents scanned with a one-side scanner using Phantom, is not practical.

To explain the problem, if you have a single-sided scanner with ADF, and you try to scan -say- 10 pages, you first scan the top side and have a PDF file containing pages 1, 3, 5, 7, 9. Then you take the stack of pages, flip it upside down, feed it into the scanner and you get a second file, this time containing pages 10, 8, 6, 4, 2. Please, notice the numbering order, because that's the way the documents are produced by any single-sided scanner.

If now you try to combine the two files with Phantom, you get a single file with pages 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2; pages are in that order must be manually resorted for the file to become usable. Imagine if the document had 20, 30 or 50 pages; resorting manually all the pages becomes a big task.

I don't think it would be too difficult to add an option to Phantom to combine two files considering the second file as the second part of a two-sided scanned document and have Phantom do the resorting operation. Basically, pages from the two files have to be interleaved, but the order of pages in the second file has to be reversed first.

This was a feature voiced for V8.0, then 8.1, then there were no more follow-ups to the original post. Phantom is now at V9 and it still doesn't have this function.

Is there any way that it can be implemented?

Thank you,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I have reminded our PM team to consider the feature again, and set the request to the higher priority.