Foxit PhantomPDF Slow OCR?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxit PhantomPDF Slow OCR?

I have several users running PhantomPDF, they all report that the OCR is terribly slow. All computers have 8gb ram, i7 cpu, and an ssd.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue? Older users with a competing product don't suffer the same slow speeds.

Thank you in advance.

To better understand it, could you please help to answer below questions? Thank you.
    1. Which version of Foxit PhantomPDF do you use?
    2. How did your users run OCR, by Convert->OCR->current file or Convert->Quick OCR?
    3. Did it happen to every file your users tried to run OCR?
    4. If possible, we appreciate if you can send us one file sample you mentioned for further testing, you can send it to support@foxitsoftware.com.
    5. Is your pc win 10 64-bit?

Comment

1. Which version of Foxit PhantomPDF do you use?
      Business Version: 9.0.1.1049
      2. How did your users run OCR, by Convert->OCR->current file or Convert->Quick OCR?
      Convert->OCR->current file
      3. Did it happen to every file your users tried to run OCR?
      I cannot confirm that, just received complaints that it was slow from various users.
      4. If possible, we appreciate if you can send us one file sample you mentioned for further testing, you can send it to support@foxitsoftware.com
      I will try and get a couple samples to you.
      5. Is your pc win 10 64-bit?
      Windows 7 64-bit

Comment

Did your issue get resolved?

Comment

We have released the new version 9.1.0 recently, would you mind removing your current version and reinstall the latest 9.1.0 by following steps to see if it helps?
          1) Uninstall Foxit PhantomPDF from the control panel.
          2) Press "Window + r" input "regedit" press Enter, find folder "Foxit PhantomPDF" under the directory "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF" and delete it.
          3) Go to the installation folder of Foxit, somewhere like:C:\Program Files\Foxit Software, delete the folder"Foxit PhantomPDF".
          4) Go to C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Foxit Software, delete Foxit PhantomPDF folder.
          4) Download and install the software from here.
          The reliable source for fast, affordable, and secure PDF solutions: Best PDF software for End User Productivity, Enterprise Automation & Developer Solutions.

Comment

I will follow these steps and advise.

Comment

Working...
            X