User is not staying logged in after she logs in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User is not staying logged in after she logs in

Hello, I have a user who has a monthly subscription. This month, she did the usual login to update her license. For some reason now whenever she opens up Foxit she is being required to login. Once she logs in the program is displaying that she is not logged in. If she has a file open and opens another one she is being required to login to that one as well.

She is on a Windows 7 PC 64 bit. With Foxit she is on the latest version, This issue did not start until she updated to the 9.1 version. We did that because she has another issue where her bookmarks keep disappearing.

Thank you in advanced for any help..

Well, it is now working today so it looks like we are all set.

Comment

We have this problem as well and it is a real pain as we have around 20 users which we have to manually manage, Foxit, can you please do something about this as it is sooooooo inconvenient. We use Education Edition and was told this is normal. As we paid for a year hence should not have to Log back into each users subscription monthly......very annoying and will move to alternate software at end of Subscription if not fixed.

Comment

msd1405, It is an known issue, and we will fix it in next version 9.2, now as temp solution, we have compiled a new fpi file to fix the issue, please do as the following.
        1. Download the new 'LicenseManager.fpi' from the below link.
        http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss...nseManager.fpi
        2. Go the installation folder of Foxit PhantomPDF, somewhere like
        C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF
        or
        C:\Program Files\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF
        Navigate to the folder"Plugins", replace the file 'LicenseManager.fpi' with the new one.
        3. Restart Foxit PhantomPDF to see if it helps.

Comment

Apologies for delay in replying.
          - Can you confirm with certainty that this is a Bug. Reason: I was told a month or so ago when speaking to "phone support staff" that this was intentional i.e. has to be re-registered every month (which is silly considering it is paid for annually).
          - I will need to wait for the next Popup to test if this works.
          - Do you know when Vr 9.2 is being released as we will need to update 20+ PC's.

Comment

msd1405 Thanks for your reply.For the situation"Foxit PhantomPDF asks user to log in every time when open it",this is really a known issue in our existing version 9.1
            of Foxit PhantomPDF. To get around this issue,please use the workaround that I have referred in my previous reply.V9.2 will be expected to be released at the end of next month if everything goes well.

And currently the subscription license circle is scheduled to renew every month since the day it was activated.On the final day when the monthly license ends, it will check for and download a new valid license with the application is launched.However if the app is not opened on the final day of each month's subscription,it will ask you to reactivate manually since it detects the license is not yet been renewed. As an example, let's say, on May 4th you were asked to activate your license again. If you did that, then the license will be renewed on June 3rd.
            If you don't open app on June 3rd, the next day or someday latter, you open the app that detects your current license key has been voided,it will post you an "Activate the Product or continue with trial" dialog, asks you to confirm your subscription again.

Comment

Morning.

I've tried the solution as detailed in post #4 however the subscription login remains persistent.

I've restarted Foxit but not the machine. Are there any other suggestions?

Thanks
              Neville

Comment

NevHolland

Could you please provide your subscription email address and check the version number of your Foxit Phantom (via "Help"->"About Foxit PhantomPDF") then send it to support@foxitsoftware.com [Attn: Cherry] so we could better advise? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by cherry View Post
                  NevHolland

Could you please provide your subscription email address and check the version number of your Foxit Phantom (via "Help"->"About Foxit PhantomPDF") then send it to support@foxitsoftware.com [Attn: Cherry] so we could better advise? Thank you.
                  Hi Cherry,

Thanks for getting back. I've logged in this morning and the message has disappeared. Perhaps it only needed a system reset?

Neville
                  Last edited by NevHolland; 06-14-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

NevHolland

Thanks for the update. Is it possible that you've installed the FxUpdateAction update patch that fixed the problem? For version 9.1 users, we could go to "Help"->"Check for Updates..." to check for the "FxUpdateAction" plugin to update as workaround to get rid of the annoying sign-in dialog after signed in.

We've fixed this issue , so in next formal release of version 9.2, we should not have this problem any more.

Comment

Morning Cherry,

I hadn't installed that FXUpdateAction at the time. It is installed now.

Many thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X