Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it advisable to Deactivate Foxit PhantomPDF when performing clean install of O/S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it advisable to Deactivate Foxit PhantomPDF when performing clean install of O/S

I recently upgraded Win10 Pro v1709 to v1803 and have encountered a few issues in the environment (not Foxit related) that might be resolved by performing a fresh install of 1803 followed by reinstalling all my apps. I have one app, ShadowProtect that eats up another license when there is a major update to the O/S. My question is ... will a fresh install of Foxit PhantomPDF also eat up another license. If so, then I would guess that one should deactivate the Foxit license before performing a fresh install of the O/S.

Much appreciated for any comments...

Cheers,

Bob

BobArch2 Foxit PhantomPDF will eat up another license if the MAC address of the computer is changed. I suggest you to deactivate the software before reinstalling. If you are using version 7.3 or later version, you could click Help -- Deactivate to deactivate the license. Otherwise, or if you have any problem to deactivate, please send an email to support@foxitsoftware.com for help.

Comment

Doris Wang Thanks Doris! I am running v9.1.0.5096 and its Help menu does includes the Deactivate option. I will certainly Deactivate if I elect to perform a fresh install of the O/S. Thanks again!

Cheers,

Bob

Comment

What about for mac ?

Future Mp3 Downoad

Comment

BobArch2 If you used license key file to activate the software or use account to activate, there is no Deactivate button.

Comment

Originally posted by ceegeek View Post
            What about for mac ?

Future Mp3 Downoad
            Foxit PhantomPDF is for Windows system only.

Comment

Originally posted by Doris Wang View Post
              BobArch2 If you used license key file to activate the software or use account to activate, there is no Deactivate button.
              When I purchased a license January of this year I was given a registration key and instructions on how to activate the app ... which I did and the Deactivate button is shown.

Comment

Originally posted by BobArch2 View Post

When I purchased a license January of this year I was given a registration key and instructions on how to activate the app ... which I did and the Deactivate button is shown.
                Yes, you are given a registration code, and you can deactivate it by clicking on the Deactivate option then use it for new computer.

Comment

Working...
                X