Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Action Wizard - Processing a folder, but not all files?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Action Wizard - Processing a folder, but not all files?

I have a folder with 207 files spread throughout 25 folders. Only about 75 of those files are PDFs. I am trying to create an action to process all of those files to "Reduce File Size" in PhantomPDF. I only want it to process the PDF files, but I can't find an option for it. I've added the parent folder with all the other folders, and it processes all of the PDFs like it should, but it also wants to process all of the XLS, XML, and every other file it can find within those folders as well.

I only want it to process the PDFs, not the other files. How do I tell it to do that?

Thanks!

Sorry that currently it is no way to choose PDF format only for reducing file size, and I have reported your feedback to our PM team for future evaluation, hope it will be considered in future.
    Feedback ID:PHANTOM-10989

Comment

Originally posted by richell_huang View Post
      Sorry that currently it is no way to choose PDF format only for reducing file size, and I have reported your feedback to our PM team for future evaluation, hope it will be considered in future.
      Feedback ID:PHANTOM-10989
      Ok, thank you.

In addition to that, there also needs to be more options, like skipping prompts to process files that are over 30MB and prompts about Java. When processing that many files, I don't want to have to click OK 75 times. I'm well aware the files are that large, that's why I'm reducing the size to begin with. I need to be able to start it and leave it.

I do have to say we're quite pleased with the results though. I processed those files which originally took up 17GB of space. When I was finished, the parent folder was only 1.13GB after file reduction. While both Nitro and Adobe have the ability to do this to individual files, neither has the ability to do this on a large scale like Foxit does. What I did was only a test. I have another 21,000 files to process, but definitely going to be worth the cost of the business license.

Comment

Noah, Thanks for your reply.According to the situation you mentioned,I have submitted the suggestion"Add 'Don't ask me again' option in the prompt message when we reduce file size/optimize on a PDF file which is large than 30MB”, so that users could just click on the option 'Don't ask me again' in the prompt message to suppress this message subsequently"to our product marketing team for their reference with suggestion ID#PHANTOM-11023 ,so that it may be considered in future versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post

Ok, thank you.

In addition to that, there also needs to be more options, like skipping prompts to process files that are over 30MB and prompts about Java. When processing that many files, I don't want to have to click OK 75 times. I'm well aware the files are that large, that's why I'm reducing the size to begin with. I need to be able to start it and leave it.

I do have to say we're quite pleased with the results though. I processed those files which originally took up 17GB of space. When I was finished, the parent folder was only 1.13GB after file reduction. While both Nitro and Adobe have the ability to do this to individual files, neither has the ability to do this on a large scale like Foxit does. What I did was only a test. I have another 21,000 files to process, but definitely going to be worth the cost of the business license.
          We are having the same problem with a mountain of files. Until FoxIt fixes this there is a product from Orpalis that works good for this function and is reasonably priced, especially with 21k files to process.

Comment

PITSupport ,I apologize for the trouble. I have just reminded our product marketing of this request"Add 'Don't ask me again' option in the prompt message when we reduce file size/optimize on a PDF file which is large than 30MB" again.To track the processing progress about this new feature at a later date,you may email to support@foxitsoftware.com (Attn:Lisa) and indicate this thread link. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X