No announcement yet.

FEATURE REQUEST: SUMMARIZE - integrated highlighted-text and comments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature FEATURE REQUEST: SUMMARIZE - integrated highlighted-text and comments

Hello, I've been trying to decide whether to buy FOXIT or PDF XCHANGE but neither program really does what I want when it comes to summaries.

I see that I can either EXPORT highlighted text as a txt file, or I can SUMMARIZE the comments, or I can SUMMARIZE the entire .pdf with comments attached on an adjacent page.
    But what I actually want to do is export only the highlighted (or underlined) text followed by the annotation/comment.

There is obviously the clumsy workaround of FILE > PREFERENCES > COMMENTING > Copy selected text into highlight or Squiggly Underline....comment popups
    But this is a clumsy redundancy which consumes valuable space and only works for new comments.

This other user also wanted the same thing: report ID:Phantom-4144
    http://forums.foxitsoftware.com/foru...ext-summarized
    And there does seem to be a general interest in this feature:
    https://softwarerecs.stackexchange.c...text-as-on-mac
    https://softwarerecs.stackexchange.c...ments-in-a-pdf
    Oddly enough Icecream Reader actually lets users export both for the .epub format, with an export to a two column table in an HTML file.

So I'd like to propose an additional option for the SUMMARIZE CONTENTS MENU:
    - "Markup Text and Comments"
    Maybe a two-column table would be the best way to pair the data, or at the very least the marked text followed by the linked comment.

Thanks very much!

jiggs

For your current workaround, you may go to FILE > PREFERENCES > COMMENTING > Tick Copy selected text into highlight or Squiggly Underline, Underline, and Strikeout comment popups. Then go to "Comments" pane->click on "Show/Hide Comments" icon->Select "Close All PopUp Notes" then summarize comments.

For your comments about an additional option for the summarize comments menu, could you please make a screenshot that shows the two column table exported by Icecream Reader so we could give it a test on our side and better forward your comments as suggestion to Product team for evaluating and processing? Thank you.

Comment

Hi! I'm very much interested in the feature "Copy selected text into highlight or Squiggly Underline, Underline, and Strikeout comment popups" and I'd like to know if it is available for Mac too. I've downloaded FoxitPhantomPDf for Mac but it is not listed in the preferences. I don't know if it depends on being only a trial ... Thanks!

Comment

api.fra

Currently the mentioned feature "Copy selected text into highlight or Squiggly Underline, Underline, and Strikeout comment popups" is not available in Foxit PhantomPDF for Mac. I've forwarded your comments as suggestion to Product team's further processing. Suggestion ID#: MACLNX-3117. We'll post the update here or you may email to support@foxitsoftware.com with this ID# to track the processing status of it. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you cherry!
          I assume all your other software don't run on Mac?

Comment

api.fra

Now we have Foxit Reader and Foxit PhantomPDF for Mac.

Comment

Working...
            X