How do I retain hyperlinks from Word to PDF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I retain hyperlinks from Word to PDF

I have large reports with a content page and in Word the page numbers are linked to the headers in the document. How do I retain this when creating a PDF in Foxit without having to redo all hyperlinks?

To retain hyperlinks during conversion, please use Create PDF function in Foxit PDF add-in for Word to create file. You could find Foxit PDF tab in menu bar. If there is no Foxit tab in the menu, please navigate to File -- Options -- Add-ins, choose Manage COM Add-ins at the bottom and click Go, then tick Foxit Create COM add-in in the list to enable it.

Comment

Thanks for the real help have been struggling with workarounds. Thanks Doris for the help.
      gimp icloudcentral googleclassroom
      Last edited by ShaneP; 08-19-2018, 07:52 PM.

Comment

bonjour,
        thanks

Comment

Will do.

Sorry one more thing I have noticed. The Foxit Tab is showing on all Micorosft programs, except Word. I go to the COM add-in, select Foxit but word does not retain the information and removes it back ti Inactive Application Add-ins.
          Last edited by FGE; 08-24-2018, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FGE View Post
            Will do.

Sorry one more thing I have noticed. The Foxit Tab is showing on all Micorosft programs, except Word. I go to the COM add-in, select Foxit but word does not retain the information and removes it back ti Inactive Application Add-ins.
            Please right click on Word to run as administrator and try again, thank you.

Comment

If you have a Word document that your business needs to be static, convert it to PDF format right from Microsoft Word. The resulting PDF retains the formatting of the original document, including embedded links. Follow these steps

1. Open the desired Word document in Microsoft Word and click on the “File” menu heading at the top-left corner of the menu bar. Select the “Save As” option and type a name for the file in the designated text field.

2. Click on the drop-down menu next to “Save As Type” and choose “PDF” from the list of file types. Next to “Optimize For,” select “Standard (Publishing Online and Printing” or “Minimum Size (Publishing Online).”

3. Click the “Options” button to customize the non-default options for the PDF file if desired and click “OK” when done. Navigate to the folder you want it saved in and click “Save” to convert the file.

Comment

Json2500 ,Thanks for your sharing. You may also try to give our Foxit creator addin for word a try for converting word file into PDF file which will also keep those hyperlinks retained in the converted PDF file.
                To get "Foxit creator addin for word" added in word file,you have to install our Foxit Reader or Foxit PhantomPDF application which could be downloaded from our official download center below:
                https://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/
                After you install Foxit Reader or Foxit PhantomPDF,you will find that there is new "Foxit PDF" tab added in the opened word file,please click on "Create PDF"button under
                Foxit PDF" tab to convert the opened word file into PDF document.

Comment

Working...
                X