Opening Foxit PhantomPDF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Foxit PhantomPDF

Windows 10, Google Chrome. When I select a pdf file to download in google chrome, the file is downloaded successfully. I select the pdf file to open and Foxit PhantomPDF starts up but it opens behind Google Chrome window. How can I have Foxit PhantomPDF open up on top and not behind google chrome or file explorer.?

Sorry for the trouble. As per test, I fail to replicate the issue and there is no such setting I'm afraid. To debug the issue, could you please confirm below information?
    1 Version of Foxit PhantomPDF you are using. You could find the version info. under Help -- About Foxit PhantomPDF.
    2 Version of your Google Chrome.
    3 Version of your Win10, like 1709, build xxxx.
    4 From where did you download a file?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FoxitPhantomVersion.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	168624
      Doris,
      The problem also occurs with Edge and does not matter what pdf or where I download from. It also occurs when I open a pdf file locally from my hard drive. See attached for version information.

I also have noticed another issue, but I will start a new thread for that issue.

Comment

dangerruss ,Dear dangerruss,We would like to know that how about if download other format file in google chrome/edge and open with other application(such as download an image and open it with paint tool)?
        If google chrome/edge always struck in front of other applications(not just Foxit PhantomPDF) on your computer,you may refer to the following two threads on microsoft Community and Google chrome Help forum to get solutions:
        https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...a-44e06b25506e
        https://productforums.google.com/for...me/svxsHVHyiH0

Comment

I downloaded a jpg file and opened it with Paint. The paint application opens up on top of all existing open windows. The problem is not specific to Chrome or Edge. I can launch a pdf file from Windows File Explorer and Foxit PDF application opens up behind the File Explorer window.

Comment

dangerruss ,Dear dangerruss,

Thanks for your reply.For this situation,we suggest you try to perform a fresh installation for your Foxit PhantomPDF for HP to see if it will help.Please do the following steps:
            1) Please make sure you've closed all Foxit PhantomPDF related programs (IE, Firefox...) then go to "Control Panel"->"Add/Remove Programs" to uninstall Foxit PhantomPDF;
            Go to "Start"->"Run"-> input regedit -> find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF 7.0" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF 7.0" to delete the whole folder of Foxit PhantomPDF 7.0;
            2) Download Foxit PhantomPDF Standard for HP 7.0 from the link below:
            http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/pub/o...1030_Setup.exe
            and install it.
            If it is still of no avail,please help to submit this issue to support@foxitsoftware.com (Attn:Lisa) and indicate this thread link,then I will further contact with you to follow up this issue by e-mail.

Comment

Working...
            X