Cannot save scanned doc after Windows update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot save scanned doc after Windows update

I just upgraded to Windows 10 1809 without any problems except I cannot save a pdf after scanning with Foxit and the Epson scanner driver. I can create a preview, but when I scan the document, it scans and then just spins without bringing up the OCR notification window or completing, and I have to abort Fxit to end it. I can scan and save successfully using the Epson software. I'd appreciate any suggestions as to how to track down the problem.

anotherron

Sorry for the trouble. What's error you get when you cannot save the scanned doc? If possible, would you please help to make a video to show how to reproduce the problem for our referencing?
    And run Foxit, go to Help>About Foxit PhantomPDF to check the version you use.
    Also, please try to perform a fresh reinstallation of Foxit PhantomPDF to see if it helps.
    1) Uninstall PhantomPDF from the control panel.
    2) Press "Window + r" input "regedit" press Enter, find folder "Foxit PhantomPDF" under the directory "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF" and delete it.
    3) Go to the installation folder of Foxit PhantomPDF, somewhere like:C:\Program Files\Foxit Software, delete the folder"Foxit PhantomPDF"
    4) Run the installation file of Foxit PhantomPDF as Admin to install the program.

Comment

Thanks for getting back with me. I uninstalled the app and cleared the registry and files as per your instructions, but the system is still responding the same way. I am running 8.2.0.2192. There is no error message; after scanning the document, the system just spins without ejecting the document. To stop it, I have to use the task manager to end the foxit task.

Thanks for your help. Any suggestions?

Comment

anotherron ,

I apologize for the inconvenience. As to this situation you mentioned,we suggest you install V8.3.7 of Foxit PhantomPDF by downloading it from the link below:
        http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/pub/f..._enu_Setup.msi
        and delete the scanning configuration file "ScanOpeData.xml" from the following location:
        "C:\Users\[current username]\AppData\Roaming\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF\Scans"
        If the issue still persists in the new installation,please help to email your order information(such as order number,activation code,billing email address,ect) to support@foxitsoftware.com(Attn:Lisa).
        so that I will locate to your order to know which version is latest version that you could use. Please also indicate this thread link when you email to us. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X