No announcement yet.

FoxIT pops up error when opening PDF's.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxIT pops up error when opening PDF's.

Hello,

I have quite a few users (100+) that are receiving Popups of "Encountered an improper argument" this popup will be displayed in Mandarin language and in English language. I have tried just about everything to rid this error but it always comes back. I have uninstalled FoxIT reinstalled FoxIT, tried downgrading/upgrading to a previous version (8.3 - 9.3) and still no luck. I have also wiped users profile and rebuilt. That went well for about 24 hours and then the popup was back. I have tried uninstallers, wiping registry, etc... I'm running out of things to try besides imaging from a fresh image as with 100+ users being impacted its hard to say why and imaging from scratch will be time consuming. This is happening on systems with Win7-Win10 (1709). There is nothing concrete to report in event viewer. Has anyone seen this and have ideas on a possible remedy?
    Last edited by JtodaP; 10-18-2018, 09:59 PM.

Here are a few screenshots from what i see.
    Attached Files

Comment

Dear JtodaP,

Regarding the error message "Encountered an improper argument" you received,please make sure to update to latest version 9.3 of Foxit PhantomPDF by downloading it from the link below:
      http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/produ..._enu_Setup.msi
      If the issue still persists in the newest version,please help to send us the following information for further investigation:
      1:Your OS information(eg:mine is windows10x64bit).
      2:Under what conditions would the error message pop up´╝čPlease help to describe the whole procedures for replicating such issue.
      3:It is better if you can help to use the LiceCap tool to generate an animated gif that shows how to reproduce the problem for our referencing.
      Here's the download link:
      http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss/Tools/LICEcap.zip
      (Unzip it, then double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)

Concerning the situation"The version number of Foxit PhantomPDF still says V9.1 in 'Choose default apps by file type' though you have already installed V9.2",it has already been rectified in V9.3.
      Now the version number should be displayed as V9.3 when set file associations in settings or control panel in windows with Foxit PhantomPDF v9.3 installed on computer.

With regards to this error message"Application Error:The instruction at 0x0000000000558584 referenced memory at 0x000000000000000.The memory could not be read.Click on OK to terminate the program",we also need your help to make sure that the one you have installed is V9.3 of Foxit PhantomPDF.
      If the issue still happens in V9.3,please help to provide with us these information below for further diagnose:
      2:May I know how you could replicate such issue on your part?Please help to describe the whole procedures in details with some illustrated screenshots.
      3:It is better if you can help to use the LiceCap tool to generate an animated gif that shows how to reproduce the problem for our referencing.
      (Unzip it, then double-click on licecap file, you can then specify the recording area then hit "Record", it requires naming the file first then start recording.)

Regarding this error" Foxit PHantomPDF 9.2 has stopped working",it means that you were using V9.2 when the issue occurred. Please help to install the latest version 9.2 to see if it will make any difference?
      If the new version doesn't help,please help to send us the following information:
      2:Please help to describe the whole procedures for replicating such issue in details.

If it is inconvenience to upload some documents here, you may email it to support@foxitsoftware.com (Attn:Lisa). And indicate this thread link. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by JtodaP View Post
        Hello,

I have quite a few users (100+) that are receiving Popups of "Encountered an improper argument" this popup will be displayed in Mandarin language and in English language. I have tried just about everything to rid this error but it always comes back. I have uninstalled FoxIT reinstalled FoxIT, tried downgrading/upgrading to a previous version (8.3 - 9.3) and still no luck. I have also wiped users profile and rebuilt. That went well for about 24 hours and then the popup was back. I have tried uninstallers, wiping registry, etc... I'm running out of things to try besides imaging from a fresh image as with 100+ users being impacted its hard to say why and imaging from scratch will be time consuming. This is happening on systems with Win7-Win10 (1709). There is nothing concrete to report in event viewer. Has anyone seen this and have ideas on a possible remedy?

I am also having the "Encountered an improper argument" error upon closing the application on a windows 8.1 computer.

Comment

rjlasb18

Sorry for the trouble. Would you please help to use the tool LiceCap tool to generate an animated gif that shows how to reproduce the problem for our referencing?

And, let us know the name and the version of Foxit software you are using.

In addition, can you reproduce the issue without pdf file opening? Does it happen to any pdf files? If it just happens to specific file, please send us the pdf file in question for internal test.

Comment

Working...
          X