X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autosave location ?

Hello,

I'm using foxit phantompdf 9

It crashed when editing a file. Autosave is enabled, every 3 minutes (settings are defaults).

After sending the report, I clicked "save"

When relaunching, it proposed to reopen a restored file. Since it wasn't the latest version (it was 3 minutes old) and I knew I clicked save, I closed the recover file and reopened my file;

Sadly, it didn't open the last-state version of my file but the initial unedited version.

If I could at least recover the recovered file that would save me hours of work and a great hassle. Please tell me this is feasable. Autosaved file must be somewhere.

Thanks

Macallows

The Auto-save function will save the file with temp data every certain interval, 5 mins for example and the data will be updated every 3 mins. The folder that temporarily saved the data is C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF\AutoSave.

Normally when you close a file and choose to save or not save the changes, the data will be deleted immediately. Only when the file is closed unexpectedly, like software crash, the program will ask you if you would like to recover next time you open the software. If you choose not, the temp data will be removed automatically.

In your case, the data could not be restored I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by cherry View Post
      Macallows

The Auto-save function will save the file with temp data every certain interval, 5 mins for example and the data will be updated every 3 mins. The folder that temporarily saved the data is C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF\AutoSave.

Normally when you close a file and choose to save or not save the changes, the data will be deleted immediately. Only when the file is closed unexpectedly, like software crash, the program will ask you if you would like to recover next time you open the software. If you choose not, the temp data will be removed automatically.

In your case, the data could not be restored I'm afraid.
      You are right, it's empty

Perhaps making the files last a little more would be great. Thanks for the reply

Comment

Working...
      X