Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manage enterprise licenses

Hi All,

A couple of months ago we decided to acquire Foxit Phantom PDF standard as an alternative to Adobe acrobat. The application itself is very good (and cheaper!) compared to Acrobat Pro, but the main downside for us is that we can't trach our license usage in a decent manner. While acrobat has a nice portal where people can be assigned a licence based on their O365 account, foxit works woth a licence file we need to install manually and keep track of our users manually in a excel sheet.

I had 2 call with sales people and I got 2 different options proposed as a solution.

First option: One sales person thought Foxit had a online portal where we as a customer could keep track of every device that is using a license based on the mac addres.
    Second option: The other on said there was an option to allow the usage of a license based on a AD security group.

Now I don't find any info about this or how to set this up on the foxit support site, so i'm asking it here.

Are there any people in here who have a system in place for enterprise licensing? When we have a solution for this, we will buy extra licenses (even if it are business licenses) otherwise, we are going back to Adobe

nick.vermeulen@sqm.com

Sorry for the inconvenience.Would you please help to provide us your order number or your license key to support@foxitsoftware.com, then we can better advice?

Comment

Hi Foxit,

I did not get any reply to my questions in the ticket ([FOXIT #231794])

Your first reply:

Sent:
      To:
      Subject: [FOXIT #231794] Maange Enterprise Licenses

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Foxit Support Center!

To clear the confusions, we do not have a portal where you can manage activated devices. We do have something similar to that for organizational subscription customers where they can manage their users, not device.

We have two types of license keys for PhantomPDF and the key that you have cannot be tracked where it is activated. So it is up to the customer to track where is it is activated and make sure that it is used by only intended users.

If you need to transfer from one computer to another, you just need to uninstall

What I want to know is:

Sent:
      To: 'support@rt42.foxitsoftware.com' <support@rt42.foxitsoftware.com>
      Subject: RE: [FOXIT #231794] Maange Enterprise Licenses

Thank you for the answer. Regarding this matter:

The portal where we can manage users which is what we want. Is it possible to provide me some more info about this because I can’t find any detailed information/demo about this topic. Some screenshots would also be very good to see how this feature works

Which license type do we need? We have a 10 seat Foxit PhantomPDF standard subscription at the moment. Is it another licensing model or licenses for another product version (Foxit PhantomPDF Business) that we need for the ‘manage foxit users in a portal’ feature?

Comment

Hi Nick,

As per checked, TK has replied your message on Nov 15 and Nov 26 as following. Please check you spam folder or reach out to your IT supports to see if the messages are blocked.

One that you can manage users is the organizational subscription. You can access this option when you go to www.appstore.foxitsoftware.com and click on Foxit PhantomPDF. One that we have on there is a monthly organizational subscription for 5 and 10 users. Anything above or less, you would have to talk to our sales rep. Through this subscription, you can add or remove users. However, this subscription has to be renewed either monthly or yearly.

Please let me know if this is something that you are interested in.

Comment

Working...
        X