CPU load

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU load

Every time I start Foxit Phantom Version: 8.3.8.39677, it causes the CPU to use around 10%, with or without a file open.
    This is not normal behaviour and causes problems with fan noise and other stuff.
    This happende after recent update, can I roll it back
    Sincerley Jonas Viberg

Hello Jonas,

Sorry for the trouble. May I know what is your operating system and could you please check the option 'disable connectedpdf features' under File - Preferences -- General and verify if it makes any difference?

If you would like to downgrade to previous version, please find below link to download and then reinstall the software.
    http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/foxit/phantomPDF/desktop/win/8.x/8.3/en_us/FoxitPhantomPDF837_enu_Setup.msi

Comment

I am having the same issue after upgrading to 8.3.8.39677, only my CPU load without file open is about 30-40%. I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Connected PDF features have already been disabled and computer has been restarted with no effect. Thank you.

Comment

cs061010 sorry for the trouble. We are working on the issue but haven't to replicate the case and get no clue. Could you please help to disable FoxitDrive.fpi by renaming it and verify if it helps? The file could be found under the installation folder which is C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF\plugins by default. You could rename it to FoxitDriveDisabled.fpi.

Comment

can anybody tell me whats the use of foxit?

Comment

I havent even got that file in the folder, or on the computer...
            I am showing all hidden and system files
            Windows 10 Home btw

Comment

Originally posted by sirnsasheryar View Post
              can anybody tell me whats the use of foxit?
              Foxit is a PDF solution provider, we have a wide variety of applications. You may refer to our official download center below to see our products:
              https://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/
              It is better if you could provide with us your requriments,so that we will recommend appropriate application for you based on your needs.

Comment

jonasv ,We could finally reproduce this issue you referred on our part through the joint effort of our QA members.We will then work hard to find solution for this issue.
                As a temporary workaround,please downgrade your Foxit PhantomPDF to V8.3.7. Following is link for downloading it:
                http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/pub/f..._enu_Setup.msi

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
                  jonasv ,We could finally reproduce this issue you referred on our part through the joint effort of our QA members.We will then work hard to find solution for this issue.
                  As a temporary workaround,please downgrade your Foxit PhantomPDF to V8.3.7. Following is link for downloading it:
                  http://cdn09.foxitsoftware.com/pub/f..._enu_Setup.msi
                  But that is not a solution. To do that I first have to uninstall, losing all of my settings, menus and so on.
                  Don´t need a temporary workaround, need a permanent fix.

Comment

Originally posted by jonasv View Post

But that is not a solution. To do that I first have to uninstall, losing all of my settings, menus and so on.
                    Don´t need a temporary workaround, need a permanent fix.
                    Sorry for inconveneince. We have figured it out and have fixed it in new release. Here is the new complied version for you.
                    http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss....3.8.40670.exe

Comment

Originally posted by richell_huang View Post

Sorry for inconveneince. We have figured it out and have fixed it in new release. Here is the new complied version for you.
                      http://sync-us.foxitsoftware.com/iss....3.8.40670.exe
                      Well I´d rather wait for the online upgrade, because its the same thing with this file. I dont want to uninstall, I want to keep all settings. Do you know when the OTA will be released??

Comment

jonasv

Sorry, we have no the release date for the next online update, but I will keep you informed when it is released, is it OK?

Comment

FYI - the updated installer fixed the issue for me. Thank you.

Comment

I am on the latest version of Foxit, version 9.4 and I am still experiencing the high CPU utilization, especially when OCR'ing a document. I have tried disabling the Foxitdrive.fpi, that does nothing, or only marginally helps. Any other things I should try???

Comment

ColoradoWesty

Sorry for the trouble. Please help to provide us with the following info for further investigation;
                              1. Your system info, like win7 32-bit, if it is windows10, please send us the screenshot of the panel"Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\System Information".
                              2. Which operation will cause the high CPU also, except OCR?
                              3. Does it happen to any pdf files? If it just happens to a specific file, please help to send us the pdf file which has the issue for further test,if it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to support@foxitsoftware.com. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X