Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I disable Foxit 11's new "Format tab"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy_Chen
    replied
    We apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software again, or you guys can downgrade to v10 from below for an alternative, engineering team is work on that project day and night, thanks for your patience.
    http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/produ..._enu_Setup.msi

Leave a comment:

• kkietzke
    replied
    So, it's predicted to be at least 6 months before I can use version 11 after specifically paying for an upgrade to it. (11.0 crashed for me after an extended fight with the Format Tab - I don't know if 11.1 will still crash.) I realize this is partly my fault for not thoroughly testing the trial version before buying the upgrade, but that isn't normally necessary. I'll not make that mistake again, although I probably won't be buying as many updates either, since doing so now requires a significant investment of time.

Leave a comment:

• gazagoal
    replied
    I am a long-term and really lazy user that rarely report things, but man this FORMAT tab is driving me nuts. At least give users an option to set the default to hide! It's sooo annoying. I'm not surprised to find others annoyed as well but the fact that we have to wait till Nov...

Leave a comment:

• Jakob
    replied
    In version 10 there was an update after 2.5 months, towards the end of July, that means there could possibly be an update to fix security and stability problems in mid-August, maybe with a few bug fixes ??? Version 10.1 was released at the end of September after around 6 months.

Here's a question: Do we have to wait 7 months for errors, security and stability updates (!!!), or does something else come up?

Jakob!

Leave a comment:

• Jakob
    replied
    November???

Leave a comment:

• Roy_Chen
    replied
    kkietzke
    Apologize again for any difficulty using Foxit Software, so far as I know, new patch with a re-design format panel will be released around Nov in v11.1

Leave a comment:

• kkietzke
    replied
    Is there at least an estimated release date? Considering that everyone complaining about this has paid for it, I don't think that's too much to ask.

Leave a comment:

• scfeng
    replied
    Originally posted by mellowyellow View Post
    Still no fix for this? Why?
    No, still version 11.0

Leave a comment:

• mellowyellow
    replied
    Still no fix for this? Why?

Leave a comment:

• richell_huang
    replied
    Thank you for your feedback too. Once there is any update about it, we will post here. Your kind understanding is highly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Manish Yadav
    replied
    I too am facing the problem with the new Format Tab, please update it. This new Format tab occupies significant portion of the screen.

Leave a comment:

• Roy_Chen
    replied
    Myprivateradio
    We apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software. And I already submitted it to our Product team as report id#PHANTOM-15582, I will forward an update the moment I have it, thanks for your report!

Leave a comment:

• Myprivateradio
    replied
    I wholeheartedly agree that the new format tab on the right is less functional than the format tab in the ribbon menu. Please revert to the old UI in respect of this.

I also miss the version 10 ribbon menu icons. The new versions are just outlines and are harder to make out. I may just get used to this, but the new presentation lacks contrast between the icon and the background, making it harder to identify the icons. This is especially true for the smaller quick access toolbar icons. Even if we had a choice that would be great.

Leave a comment:

• Roy_Chen
    replied
    mellowyellow
    We apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software, so far as I know, the format panel fix will be released in the next patch 11.1, we will update the progress as soon as we can, thanks for your patience.

Leave a comment:

• mellowyellow
    replied
    When can we expect a fix for this? As a reminder, we pay for the software, so a fix should come quickly rather than be ignored and repeatedly delayed. That would add insult to injury.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X