Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I disable Foxit 11's new "Format tab"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lyndi_wu
    replied
    Format Sidebar Shall Go
    We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Actually you can click on the arrow as the attached screenshot to hide the Format Panel, but it works in the version 11.1 or later version, please check which version you have.
    You can download the latest version11 and version10 from our website.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Format Sidebar Shall Go
    replied
    The format sidebar man, it is so annoying. foxit why you have to be the way you are. please just add a button to hide it or to move it somewhere else. what is this obsession with rigidity. I am not able to go back to the previous version also. Link is not working. Give me the link to version 10. Please do something the the sidebar.

Leave a comment:

• richell_huang
    replied
    The latest version of Foxit Reader is 11.1, the reason why we released Foxit PDF Editor 11.2 was that it embedded Foxit Sign module, while Foxit Sign is paid module that not available in free version, so Foxit Reader is not updated.

Leave a comment:

• dsadas
    replied
    lyndi_wu

The Foxit Editor I can find as Version 11.2 from here: https://www.foxit.com/pdf-editor/version-history.html

But for the Foxit Reader, which I actually use, I can only find the old version 11.1 here: https://www.foxit.com/pdf-reader/version-history.html

Am I missing something?
    Last edited by dsadas; 12-15-2021, 01:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lyndi_wu
    replied
    FigueiredoTG
    the problem mentioned by dsadas <https://forums.foxitsoftware.com/forum/portable-document-format-pdf-tools/foxit-phantompdf/183007-how-do-i-disable-foxit-11-s-new-format-tab?p=185386#post185386> has been submitted QCPHANTOM-28644, it has been fixed in version11.2, but it only has English version, if you are using English version, you can download it from our website.

Leave a comment:

• FigueiredoTG
    replied
    Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
    FigueiredoTG This is a known issue in version 11.1, the internal report ID for this issue is #QCPHANTOM-28644. We will fix this issue in our next minor update version.
    Thanks... the problem mentioned by dsadas <https://forums.foxitsoftware.com/forum/portable-document-format-pdf-tools/foxit-phantompdf/183007-how-do-i-disable-foxit-11-s-new-format-tab?p=185386#post185386> should also be resolved... it interferes a lot with the organization of the comments.

Leave a comment:

• Lisa_lee
    replied
    FigueiredoTG This is a known issue in version 11.1, the internal report ID for this issue is #QCPHANTOM-28644. We will fix this issue in our next minor update version.

Leave a comment:

• FigueiredoTG
    replied
    Originally posted by dsadas View Post
    Hello, I have a different problem with version 11.1 (the format tab now works as it should - thanks!):

When I add text to a PDF and I want to use paragraphs, I can do so without any problems UNTIL I click on the text again (in case I want to add more text) or if I want to move the text around. In these cases, all paragraphs are immediately deleted, which is very annoying. There is no difference between hard and soft returns, both are deleted.

Before in version 10.x, you could re-select any text and then the width of the text was aligned to the right of the document as well, but all paragraphs were preserved. This is not possible anymore now...

This is also happening to me. Please fix this.
    Last edited by FigueiredoTG; 11-12-2021, 08:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• richell_huang
    replied
    Originally posted by Uburex View Post
    Just adding my voice to the many who find the new formatting pop-up tab incredibly annoying. Have used Foxit for over 10 years. Not yet moving to another PDF reader but considering it…
    Have you upgraded to the new version 11.1? We appreciate if you can describe the issue you encountered in detail so we can better understand it and forward to my team for further investigation, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Uburex
    replied
    Just adding my voice to the many who find the new formatting pop-up tab incredibly annoying. Have used Foxit for over 10 years. Not yet moving to another PDF reader but considering it…

Leave a comment:

• lyndi_wu
    replied
    FoxitUser821

Sorry for the trouble. Would you please help make a screenshot to show the issue that the buttons for minimizing and maximizing are the same color as the background by default?

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• FoxitUser821
    replied
    I downloaded version 11.1 and have a major problem: I can't open documents by double-clicking on them or right clicking. I can ONLY open documents by going through control-o and clicking through menus or from the recently used list on the start menu. I checked and my default app for PDF files is set to Foxit.

Also, when the reader window is active, the buttons for minimizing and maximizing are the same color as the background by default.

ETA later: Reinstalled and restarted computer and problem was solved. Leaving this message here in case anyone else has the same glitch. But the buttons still default to the background color.
    Last edited by FoxitUser821; 10-23-2021, 02:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Roy_Chen
    replied
    dsadas
    Thanks for your report, already submitted it to our QA/Dev team as report id#QCPHANTOM-28644, I will forward an update the moment I have it.

Leave a comment:

• dsadas
    replied
    I hope to clarify the mentioned issue by the following screenshots.

I write a text including a paragraph using the typewriter tool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	640
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	185387

I then click Save to leave the editing mode. When I now move the text around, this happens:

Name:	2.PNG
Views:	592
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	185388

The paragraph is simply deleted, no matter if a used a soft or hard return.

The same problem occurs when I click on the text box again after leaving the edit mode. Again, I write a text with paragraphs:

Name:	3.PNG
Views:	587
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	185389

Then I leave the edit mode by clicking on Save, for example. Now when I want to add more text into this text field by clicking on it, the following happens:

Name:	4.PNG
Views:	585
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	185390

Regarding the ticket: I'm sorry, but I generally refuse to create an account for a website where I'm unnecessarily asked to provide my real name, my company name, and even my phone number. I do like the Foxit software, but not so much that I would be willing to give away my data. I know I could just fake the data, but that wouldn't be the point.

Thank you for your help.

Leave a comment:

• Roy_Chen
    replied
    dsadas
    We apologize for any difficulty using Foxit Software. I am not quite sure I understand what you mean, could you clarify this issue with a small video & samples and submit them here also back me the ticket#? Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by Roy_Chen; 10-20-2021, 07:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X