Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature How to change my default name

Hi all,

could anyone help me to figure out how to change my own default name as it appears in the comments for example. Foxit sets the default name to be the usual windows login name which in my case is (almost) random set of characters. I'd prefer to have my own "Name Surname" that appears in author field and in comment notes. I found how to change the name for a single comment note, but unfortunately any new note will take again the default name. I wasn't able to find the relevant option in the "Preferences...".

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Thanks for the post. To apply the default name, please try the followings:

1. Create a note, change the author name.
    2. right click on the note, select "set current properties as default"

Hope it helps!

BG
    Christina
    Last edited by christina; 02-23-2012, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the hint Christina. It works for the notes indeed, but unfortunately not for other types of comments like "Highlight Text", "Underline Text", "Strikeout Text", etc. Right clicking on these types of comments does not offer the possibility to "Set Current Properties as Default".

Well, I hope this will be implemented in the next update.

Cheers.

Comment

Yes, we are aware of this and hope it can be implemented in future.

Comment

Hi,

I'm using the lastest version and I'm still have the same issue concerning my own default name.

Can you please tell us when it will possible to change it?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Ahnico,

This feature is available now. Please open your Foxit Reader->go to 'File'->'Preferences'->'Commenting'->In 'Author' section, please click on 'Custom' then set your new author name.

Comment

Working...
            X