Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foxit freezes when printing or coping text (ctrl+c)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolved Foxit freezes when printing or coping text (ctrl+c)

Hi everybody.

Since few days my Foxit reader is behaving strangely.

Every times it should pop-up a window (for example the printing one) it's EXREMELY slow. It could take 5-10 minutes just to open it. The same happens with any other "pop-up" windows, as the "file attachment one".

Another issue that appeared at the same time is that every time I select some text from a document (not protected) and I copy it, in the lower right corner a progress bar saying "Preparing..." appears, but it stands still on 0%. This happens even if I copy a single word! At least, I can click on the red X button close to the progress bar and foxit becomes again responsive.

I uninstalled foxit and installed it back again, but nothing changed.

I'm using Foxit 7.1.5.0425 and Windows 8.1 latest update.

Having the same problem with current release of Firefox. The application appears to be frozen as it does not respond once the print button is pressed, but the Task Manager shows it to be running. Eventually [many minutes] it will display the printer dialog box but by then I'm using Adobe Reader to get the job done.

Comment

Hi Razgriz and Wacole,

The mentioned two issues both have been fixed in Foxit Reader 7.2 and the new release should be available within July. For your current workaround for print issue, you may open Foxit Reader->go under "File"->"Preferences"->"General"->uncheck "Show advertisements". For the copy issue, you may write to support@foxitsoftware.com and inquire for a new FoxitReader.exe that fixed the issue. Thank you.

Comment

The proposed workaround works for both my issues.

I look forward for the 7.2 to have a completely-working release, but at the moment the problem seams solved.

Thank you very much

Comment

Same problem here and I found a solution (after trying the suggestion above, which didn't work). I changed from Ribbon Mode to Classic Mode. That did the trick (but I don't know why). The freezing issue trying to print was extremely discouraging and I almost uninstalled Foxit. I'm glad to have found a solution because I otherwise like it.

Comment

Originally posted by shipmidd View Post
            Same problem here and I found a solution (after trying the suggestion above, which didn't work). I changed from Ribbon Mode to Classic Mode. That did the trick (but I don't know why). The freezing issue trying to print was extremely discouraging and I almost uninstalled Foxit. I'm glad to have found a solution because I otherwise like it.
            Thank you for sharing it. We will release new version 7.2 in next week, you may have a try when it is available.

Comment

Working...
            X