Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing some printer with RDS 2012r2

Hello,
    randomly Some users lost printers on Foxit Reader 708.1216.
    Theses printers are connected and work with Word or on opening Pdf with Chrome but we can't see all printers on Foxit.

We are on Windows 2012R2 with RDS: printers are affected by gpo.

Best Regards.

Dear titafthestar,

Sorry for any trouble that our product may have caused you.The missing printers issue has already been forwarded to our internal bug tracking system with report ID#65341.
    In addition,please help to leave a contact email address,so that we will send you a newly compiled executable Foxit main application for you to see it works. If it is inconvenience to leave email address here, you may email it to [email protected] (Attn:Lisa). And indicate this thread link. Thank you
    Last edited by Lisa_lee; 06-24-2016, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Lisa_lee,

How do we track the internal bug ID#65341. I am experiencing the same problem in our 2012 RDS environment as well. Printers randomly disappear in the Foxit menu in IE and when saved locally but the printers show in Control Panel and IE.

We deployed using EnterpriseFoxitReader720.0722_enu.msi which still seems to be the most current.

Comment

Hi Aeudian,

Sorry for the trouble. Please help to email the issue to [email protected] for going in-depth into this issue. Thank you in advance!

Comment

Having the same issue here with foxit reader on 2012R2. The printers come and go. Not happy and neither are the users

Comment

I also use foxit reader 2012 R2 and I haven't seen any problems with it.Why is that?
            Last edited by Huongque93; 10-05-2015, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huongque93 View Post
              I also use foxit reader 2012 R2 and I haven't seen any problems with it.Why is that?
              I dont have this issue, either.

Comment

Hi Ra2 and guys,

Sorry for the trouble. If you get the issue, please help to email the issue to [email protected] for going in-depth into this issue. Thank you in advance!

Comment

We are experiencing the same thing as user titafthestar. In our RDS farm, we only have two Windows Server 2012r2 (french canadian) with FoxitReader 7.2.0.722 (english version) installed. RDS users can print in every other applications like MS Office, Google Chrome and other software but not in FoxitReader. When they try to print a PDF file, the only printer available is the local printer "PDF Creator". The only workaround I found to get the user's printer's back it was to delete the user profile VHD.

Somethings makes FoxitReader loosing users printer's. Do you have an ETA regarding a fix for incident ID#65341?

Comment

jaysupreme
                    Our developers are still working on finding the possible cause of this issue now. We will post message to let you know in this thread once our developers rectify this issue.
                    In addition,you have mentioned the workaround"delete the user profile VHD",we can not fully understand what you have done to get back the printers.Please help to rephrase it in more details with some illustrated screenshots. Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

We're also experiencing the same issue in our environment like user titafthestar and jaysupreme. The servers are running Windows 2012 r2 with RDS. Please provide a fix or workaround as quickly as possible. I've currently updated Foxit to the last version 7.2.2.0929, but the issue persists. Thank you.

Comment

Hi Helpdesk_TG,

Our developers are still working on finding the possible cause of this issue now, as you may know, it it s a device related issue, and we cannot reproduce the issue on our side,so it may take more time to do further investigation. Now I have forwarded your situation to our Dev team, (report ID:68197), you can email to [email protected] for tracking the issue status.
                        Thank you for your understanding.

Comment

Just rolled out Foxit reader on our RDS environment (7.2.2.929) and I'm pretty sure we got the same problem. I haven't seen printers randomly come and go yet but I've confirmed that some users don't see all their printers in Foxit while still seeing them on other apps and in devices and printer. Also have reports of Foxit not using the default printer. When will this be fixed?

Comment

rcatcav

If possible, I would encourage you to email to [email protected] then provide details to help us debug this problem. Thank you.

Comment

Just reported the same issue. ID#114296

Comment

Working...
                              X