• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Foxit Enterprise Reader

Hi,

I'm using Foxit Enterprise Reader for a while and it works great Cool

But I have several questions :

- Sometimes, I receive mails from Foxit Inc. when new English versions are available but I get no informations for L10N versions. Last one seems to be 7.0.8.1216. How to know when a new version will be available ?
    - When upgrading an Enterprise version (say version 6.X to 7.X or version 7.X to 7.Y), do I have to uninstall any previous versions before ?
    - I'm using EnterpriseFoxitReaderXMLEditor to customize Foxit Enterprise Reader but some preferences are missing (for example, I'd like to set PDF/A to Never for Documents). How to deal with this ?

Thanks in advance.

HI Sroy,
    Thank for your using Foxit software.

Actually now the latest version for L10N version is 7.0.8, when a new version is released, you will get a mail for the new release from Foxit.

There are two ways to upgrade to a new version as the following;
    a. Check for Update under the menu Help in Foxit software.
    b. Upgrade manually, you may need to uninstall the older version from control panel first, then install the new version, you can always get the latest version from our website(www.foxitsoftware.com)

Sorry, EnterpriseFoxitReaderXMLEditor will not list some preferences, would you mind setting it via registry, for the setting "PDF/A to Never for Documents", please navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader 7.0\Preferences\Documents, set the value for bPDFAViewMode to 0.

Comment

Hi lyndi_wu,

Thanks for your answers. They are very useful.

Regarding L10N versions, I can confirm I only get mails for the English versions (I found mails for the 7.0, 7.0.6, 7.1, 7.1.5, 7.2 and 7.2.2 version). I'll wait for the next L10N version to be released to see if I get the mail.

Regards.

Comment

Hi Sory´╝î

We have released the version 7.2.5, please check your email inbox to see if you get the new release info.

Comment

How to decrypt PDF files? I'm also using Foxit Enterprise Reader. Can you give some advise?

Comment

chrisgame333

If the PDF document was encrypted by Password encryption, you may open it with Foxit PhantomPDF Standard program then go under "Protect"->"Remove Security" then input the password to unlock it;
            If the PDF document was encrypted by RMS protector, you may need to purchase RMS plugin to decrypt it.

If you're not sure, you may email the PDF document and make a screenshot of the message/problem and send to support@foxitsoftware.com so Support people could take a closer look at it and better advise. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X