Foxit Freezes when opening

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash Foxit Freezes when opening

As of today, when I open a PDF in foxit, it instantly freezes. Nothing changed that I'm aware of, but its persisted through 2 restarts. I also tried uninstalling and repairing it, and deleting it and downloading a new copy, but in every case, it freezes on the last step of whatever its doing. Its been "Registering files..." for over 10 minutes now. As you can see there's no crash log so I can't provide that, but let me know if there's anything else I can provide that will help.

http://imgur.com/41Xgro3

Hi Vladimus,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please help to provide us with the following information for further investigation:
    1. Your system information, like win7 32-bit.
    2. The crashlog.txt and CRASH.DMP files you can find under the directory C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Foxit Reader .
    3. Do you mean it just happens when you open pdf file in Foxit? How about running Foxit without opening pdf file?
    4. Does it happen to any files? If it happen to a specific file, please send us the sample for internal test.If it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to support@foxitsoftware.com.
    Thank you in advance.

Comment

1. I have Windows 10 64-bit.
      2. The program doesn't generate new crash logs when it freezes. The last crash log is from 10/26/15, and this problem only started happening to me a few days ago. Also when I try and attach the CRASH.DMP it says its invalid, and it says the crashlog.txt is too big. I'll email them to that address though just in case.
      3. It happens whenever I open any pdf, or just foxit by itself. It also happens whenever I install it, uninstall it, or repair it. I've been experimenting with deleting the registries and doing a clean install, and that also freezes. Unless I uncheck everything except for the reader and the extensions. However, when it did actually go through, it still froze when foxit opened automatically at the end of the installation.

Comment

Hi Vladimus,

Thank you for your reply. We will follow up the issue via the ticket #108370, please keep an eye on your mailbox.

Comment

Working...
        X