Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tex/Math in Comments/Typewriter

Hello all,

Does anybody know if foxit reader supports any kind of math/equation/symbols when writing comments/annotations/typewriter/textboxs? Preferably something Tex based? If not, does anyone have any creative way to achieve this?

Many thanks!

I am afraid not, but you can copy it from other program like Word document then paste it into Foxit Reader pdf file with comment tool like typewriter, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by richell_huang View Post
      I am afraid not, but you can copy it from other program like Word document then paste it into Foxit Reader pdf file with comment tool like typewriter, thank you.
      Is the only way to make text in a PDF to use Document?

Comment

Tatum85

Please first go to the "Start" menu of your Windows, then type in character map to open Character Map then see if you could select "Symbol" font. If yes, then you may open the PDF document in Foxit Reader, then go under "Comment"->"Typewriter" then switch to Symbol font, then copy the character to Foxit as typewriter text.

Comment

I tried this but without success, using Foxit Reader for Linux
          Copied unicode character from a webpage in a Foxit Reader comment: comment stayed blank
          Created a unicode character (ℕ - works perfectly here too ;-) ) in LibreOffice and copy/paste it to Foxit comment and this also stayed blank.
          Are theree any other suggestions to get this working on Linux?

Comment

koenr ,This situation"Unable to input unicode character in PDF file with typewriter tool in Foxit Reader for Linux"has been forwarded to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#72282.I will keep you posted for any updates about this issue.

Comment

Thank you for this follow up Lisa_lee. I'm aware that the Linux version needs more polishing.

Comment

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but being able to use math symbols or even Tex in comments would be amazing.
                Where can we suggest this feature?

Comment

Originally posted by Ambious View Post
                  Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but being able to use math symbols or even Tex in comments would be amazing.
                  Where can we suggest this feature?
                  You can send your feedback or suggestion to support@foxitsoftware.com or post here, we will forward it to our PM team for future consideration.
                  For now, you can copy the math symbols from other program like Word and paste it into existing pdf document.

Comment

FYI. "PHANTOM-3849: Support to add mathematical formula" has not yet been available for now. But it has been set to high priority and was planned to be included in version 10.1. If everything goes well, we would see the new feature then.

Comment

Any other way to make it in PDF ??
                      https://clashroyaleapk.net/clash-roy...latest-update/

Comment

Originally posted by ajoburegad View Post
                        For now, you can copy the math symbols from other program like Word and paste it into existing pdf document.

Comment

Working...
                        X