forxitreader crash in Ubuntu 15.10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash forxitreader crash in Ubuntu 15.10

I installed FoxitReader.enu.setup.x64.1.0.1.0925(r189237).run in Ubuntu 15.10, after opening any pdf file with foxitreader, it will crash exactly in 20 seconds.

Opening pdf with foxxitreader.sh in terminal, I got these infomation in the end:
    After 20s waiting ,UpdateMgr::startUpdater().

/opt/FoxitReader/FoxitReader: relocation error: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0: symbol EVP_aes_128_cbc_hmac_sha256, version OPENSSL_1.0.2 not defined in file libcrypto.so.1.0.0 with link time reference

trione

I have reported this issue to our internal bug tracking system for further investigation. Report ID#: 72213. You may write to support@foxitsoftware.com to track the processing status. Thank you.

Comment

trione cherry, I got same issue, it will be OK just after comment LD_LIBRARY_PATH and export operation in "FoxitReader.sh".

Comment

WilliamLeoV ,Thanks so much for sharing the workaround with us.

Comment

I am using Foxit Reader 1.0.1.0925 with Ubuntu 15.10. It keeps crashing randomly after a while (several minutes to several days). It does not actually crash or hang up but simply closes without asking to save changes. No error message shows. It seems to be related to the use of the copy function (Ctrl+C). For a while it appeared that it doesn't crash when several pdf files are open but this is not the case (anymore). A solution would be much appreciated as I think it is by far he best PDF reader. Thanks!

Comment

jh23

Please help provide the following info:
            1) Did it occur to any PDF document or just specific one? If it happens to specific one, please provide the PDF document for testing;
            2) Instructions about how to replicate the issue;
            3) Use the following steps to collect the Foxit Reader log"Foxit Reader Startup.log" for us:
            a) Open config.xml in the install directory.
            b) Change the value of “startup” to “true”
            c) Print PDF file to reproduce this crash issue, you will get the log file in your desktop.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi All,

Foxit Reader for Linux 1.1.0.0525 is available. Please update to it and see if the issue persists.​

Comment

Working...
              X