Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I add a named position - to use with a link?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I add a named position - to use with a link?

I want to make a named position which I can use to link to from different places in the same PDF.

If I do this:
    - Click the Link icon.
    - Then choose the option: Go to a named position
    - Then click the Next button:

Then I get this message:
    "There are no named positions available in the current document. Please select another option to continue."

So what do I have to do, to add/create a named position?

Hi PixelDialog,

Sorry, if you get the message, it indicates that no position has been named and exists in your file, now our program does not support to name position, I have reported the feature to our team, they will consider it in future version. Report ID:Phantom-419

Would you please try "Go to a page view"? You can go to the position you want to set.

Comment

I have this same question. Is it still not supported? I looked in the manual for reader V 9 and couldn't find anything except how to insert a link to a named position.

Comment

pialld

Version 9.0 has already supported to create a named position. But it is a feature of Foxit PhantomPDF, not included in the free Foxit Reader. In Foxit PhantomPDF, we could right-click on the left border to open "Destinations" pane, then click "Create a new Destination".
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cherry View Post
          pialld

Version 9.0 has already supported to create a named position. But it is a feature of Foxit PhantomPDF, not included in the free Foxit Reader. In Foxit PhantomPDF, we could right-click on the left border to open "Destinations" pane, then click "Create a new Destination".
          Thanks for the info. It would be nice if the options or references to this feature were removed from the Reader version. But I understand there must be some crossover between versions.

John

Comment

Working...
          X