Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foxit Reader won't open PDFs in folders (Windows 10)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxit Reader won't open PDFs in folders (Windows 10)

Hi, I have a new laptop with Windows 10. I just installed the newest version of Foxit Reader (7.28.1124), and made it my default PDF application.

Foxit works fine when I open PDFs from within the program, using Ctrl+O. But if I browse my folders and double-click on a PDF, it doesn't open. If I click on the PDF and press Enter, it doesn't open. If I right-click on the PDF, and select 'Open with' and 'Foxit Reader', it doesn't open. No matter what I try, Foxit won't open a PDF from within a folder. I'll add that I can open it with Adobe Acrobat from within the folder, no problem.

Can anyone help with this problem? It makes no sense to me. Thanks.

Hi ColeMitchell,

Sorry for the trouble. I cannot replicate the mentioned problem on my side, does it happen to any files in any folders? Do you get any error message when Foxit won't open pdf files in a folder?
    Before getting back to me, please help to perform a fresh re-installation of Foxit Reader as the following way to see if it helps.
    1) Uninstall Reader from the control panel.
    2) Press "Window + r" input "regedit" press Enter, find folder "Foxit Reader" under the directory "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader" and delete it.
    3) Go to the installation folder of Foxit Reader, somewhere like:C:\Program Files\Foxit Software, delete the folder"Foxit Reader"
    4) Download the latest version from our website(www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads) and run it as Admin to install the program.
    While installing, please set Foxit Reader as your default pdf viewer.

Any results, please let us know. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by ColeMitchell View Post
      Hi, I have a new laptop with Windows 10. I just installed the newest version of Foxit Reader (7.28.1124), and made it my default PDF application.

Foxit works fine when I open PDFs from within the program, using Ctrl+O. But if I browse my folders and double-click on a PDF, it doesn't open. If I click on the PDF and press Enter, it doesn't open. If I right-click on the PDF, and select 'Open with' and 'Foxit Reader', it doesn't open. No matter what I try, Foxit won't open a PDF from within a folder. I'll add that I can open it with Adobe Acrobat from within the folder, no problem.

Can anyone help with this problem? It makes no sense to me. Thanks.
      You could check in Services if Foxit reader service iz running.

Comment

Working...
      X