No announcement yet.

Foxit Read 7.3.0.118 Classic toolbar missing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This must get tedious for the moderators... seeing this constant, never-ending stream of users like me who are absolutely disgusted with the forced changeover to the ribbon interface. (I signed up for the sole purpose of making this post.)

But take heart, moderators - soon the stream of long-time, loyal users will run out, as all of us switch to other software, and then you won't have to listen to us any more. Too bad your bosses never did.

Best regards to the UI team, who have finally found a way to drive this long-time loyal user away. Even Adobe's own bloatware Reader is now preferable.

Comment

• I registered just for one single reason to this forum: For saying I was surprised, that I can not switch back to classic menus but instead only have this ribbon. I really, really, really can't understand that people could seriously work with this ribbons. They needs too much space, the icons are never ever self explaining so they need always text beside. Even if the icons are grouped by functions, one needs a lot more time to find a function. To say at all: It is a mess; It is a pain to work with that and I hope, Phantom has still the option to switch back to classic style. Otherwise I surely never would pay any more money for updating and would switch to another product.

Comment

• Dear VPCoder,

It may be uncomfortable at the first time you see/use the ribbon toolbar. Once you get used to it, you'll find ribbon toolbar is way much better than the classic toolbar just like me.
        For now, please try to right click on any tab bar ,choose "minimize the ribbon" to hide the toolbar to make Foxit PhantomPDF to offer more screen space for displaying PDF file contents

Comment

• Hi Lisa,

Well it is not so easy as you say:-(

At my last company we switched early to the Office with Ribbons (don't know the MS Office version, when Ribbons first were introduced). I hated them in the past and I hate them today at my new company. One of the reasons I installed OpenOffice at home. Using Outlook is the same situation and even the Windows Explorer is like hell (fortunately I don't need the Ribbon in Explorer so often). All those 'Ribbon' software has one thing in common: It is an unbelievable mess (including Foxit Software too). The workflow never becomes so fluently as it was with the menu. Of course there are 'studies' about that, that people get more comfortable with Ribbons. This is bullsh.... That could be true for newbies but surely not for seniors. Think about that: How could a Ribbon, that comes up over the whole width of a screen be more clearly than a menu in vertical with about 20% of the whole screens height?

So, Ribbons are uncomfortable to me not only the first time but since almost 10 years! One of them you wrote is true and I agree: The Ribbon toolbar is much better than the classic toolbar, but it NEVER EVER could replace a well organized classic menu!

Comment

• Dear VPCoder,
            Thanks for your reply and I am sorry that currently our product marketing don't have any plan to bring back the classic toolbar mode. If you need our older version of Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader with ribbon toolbar mode,please write to support@foxitsoftware.com.

And concerning the situation"the whole width of a screen be more clearly than a menu in vertical with about 20% of the whole screens height",you could choose to minimize the ribbon to hide the toolbar as I have referred before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
              and I am sorry that currently our product marketing don't have any plan to bring back the classic toolbar mode.
              Dear Lisa_lee, your product marketing is completly useless. Please, try to replace it...

Comment

• Originally posted by mx111011 View Post
                Dear Lisa_lee, your product marketing is completly useless. Please, try to replace it...
                Dear mx111011,
                Sorry to make you disappointed on this. Anyway,regarding your desire for bringing back the classic toolbar mode,I will pass it on to our product marketing team and other related department for their further consideration.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
                  I will pass
                  Make classic toolbar, not pass )))

Comment

• Recently after changing some configs in my old Reader install, I accidentally allowed it to update a few days ago. I see that appalling ribbon tool bar is still the default.
                    Why does anyone bother with such a rubbish concept, it's so much hard work and time wasting to get anything done.

I then uninstalled, dumped, excised the new version and reinstalled my old 7.2.8.1124 version, blessed be the for the Classic toolbar.

Ax

Comment

• I am still disgusted by the ribbon bar. It is extremely confusing and time consuming to use. Every time I use Foxit I am irritated by something related to the new interface. Just now I wanted to use the function "save as" and a whole new page opens up which is completely unnecessary and you have to click on something on the screen to get the REAL "save as" screen. Even more annoying, you can no longer see the document that you want to save which means that you cannot enter any data as part of the file name as seen in the document. You have to close the "save as" dialog and go back to the document and write down by hand on a piece of paper the information you need to name the document and then go back through the "save as" menu click-a-rama... Is this called progress? Please bring back the classic tool bar !!

If your marketing team will loose face by bringing it back, why not call it "light weight" or "basic interface" or "efficiency interface" or just simply "the better interface".

At least then we can get back to the really useful program interface. An interface that was the very model of efficiency and minimum screen clutter.

Whoever designed the current interface should be forced to use the program on a daily basis... they will soon learn.

Comment

• Just for fun, I searched for "Ribbon" in this forum and could not find any thread praising the "great new ribbon bar". Not one. Who are these users that the moderators say prefer it? I cannot find one.

Comment

• OK.. I also googled "Foxit Ribbon" and the internet is full of forum entries saying how bad the ribbon is. NOT ONE person has stated they prefer it. I have read several dozens of posts in several forums and not found a single user who likes it. Not a single one. The only people who say they like it are software reviewers and they are only repeating the sales blurb provided by Foxit. I am still interested WHO actually likes it other than the Foxit marketing team?

Alright, enough moaning. Time to head off and start to enjoy Christmas. I hope everyone has a great holiday and 2017.

Comment

• I did the exact same thing the poster before me did. Foxit with ribbon is not a functioning program to me. For now I will download an older version and after some time I will probably have to look for an alternative. I still cannot fathom how Microsoft and every other company thought that it would be a good idea to use ribbon... it is such a waste of space and all the most used actions take more time/clicks now.

Merry Christmas

Comment

• Been using v5 and v6 of Foxit reader for a long time because I was fed up with the Adobe updates. Loved it, Always tried to avoid the Ribbon. Just tried version 8 and I hate it!! Reverting back to version 6. Bring back classic toolbar !! or loose userbase.

Comment

• Sorry to say that we don't have the plan to bring it back, you can hide it with CTRL+F11, or you can open pdf file in Read mode to get rid of the ribbon. Anyway, we will forward your feedback to our PM team for references.

Comment

Working...
                                X