No announcement yet.

Foxit Read 7.3.0.118 Classic toolbar missing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have signed up to forum just to express my outrage at Foxit's stupid decision to drop classic toolbar in FoxitReader in favor of idiotic ribbon interface. If it is hard to keep both, than you should drop the stinking idiotic ribbon! With that decision you turned fine product into same kind of useless junk as the Acrobat Reader is. I won't torture myself with downgrading. Luckily there are other pdf solutions available, so for me it is goodbye Foxit.
    You don't respect your own product and you don't respect your customers!

Comment

Comments updated to PHANTOM-5994. Thank you.

Comment

UNINSTALLED
        The entire reason I abandoned Adobe was because they had become too bloated and a heaping clusterf***.
        Why does everyone these days have to make the GUI look like clown vomit?
        The title bar and drop down menus that look like Windows 2000 worked FINE.
        Every time I installed Foxit Reader I had to change the interface.
        Now it looks like I'll be making a switch again if not going back to a really old version predating the ribbon bar so I don't see clown vomit every time I install it.
        I guess I'll check oldversion .com and try v5. Is there a security issue with it? If not then that's all I need.

Holy cow version 7.3 is 41 MB!!!
        Yeah, it's time to find another program.
        Last edited by Pontiaku; 02-02-2016, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Pontiaku

You could download the latest version 7.2.8 which has the classic mode from the following link:
          http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/f..._enu_Setup.exe

And your comments about the classic toolbar mode missing in version 7.3 has been updated to PHANTOM-5994. Thank you.

Comment

Just made an account here so I could complain a bit about the removal of the classic toolbar. When I started using Foxit Reader instead of Adobe, it was mainly because of two reasons:

1. I wanted a really fast reader, which opens PDFs very quickly.
            2. I wanted a reader with easy-to-use controls which take up only a very small part of the view space.

In the current version, Foxit doesn't fulfill ANY of these two conditions. The old classic toolbar was good. It had essential controls like changing between single page and continuous view, changing between fit width, fit height, etc. in a small and easy accessible interface, which didn't take up like 20% of the view space. The new ugly ribbon-whatever toolbar is pretty much the opposite of it.
            Also, I've noticed that Foxit kind of got slower and slower with it's startup with every release. It was advertised as a light-weight reader, but it doesn't seem to be that anymore. Pretty sad.

I'll use the older 7.2.8 version for now, but for future's sake, I'll also search for a better reader now which fulfills my conditions better :-/

Comment

I am just here to say: 'Goodby Foxit Reader'. I hate the terrible ribbon ui.
              Thanks for the last years!
              Goodby,

Comment

classic toolbar needed
                with the new ribbon toolbar now it is no longer possible to see the document when saving it to a file and I need to lookup some information which should go with the file name.

Comment

Another one who echoes all the statements above. I too hate ribbons. Why everyone feels the need to ape every MS "innovation" or just change for the sake of it I'll never understand. Maybe they're taking their inspiration from the iTunes (lack of) usability labs. Foxit was always fast and functional. Adding bloat, masses of function free screen furniture etc does not help

Comment

Help! It's yelling at me and I cannot make it stop anymore!

Upgraded to 7.2.8 now. Phew, what a relief. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

I agree on this.
                      Removing the Classic Toolbar option has destroyed the entire program!
                      I'm back to using v7.2.8.1124 for the time being, but if nothing is done about this, I'll just have to change into a different PDF reader soon.

Comment

I'll stay with the older version until the classic toolbar returns. I tried the ribbon and thanks, but no thanks. It is a true jumbled mess.

Comment

7.2.8.1124 is definitely an upgrade from the ribbon!

Comment

Well, i like new ideas but i have to say, Ribbons are just bad concept. If anything it simply takes too much screen space and it's not very effective either :/ I understand that some users (possibly even majority of them) might prefer Ribbons over classic menus and toolbars but please consider classic UI as an alternative in future releases.

For now i will stick with ver. 7.2.8.1124 and if there is no info about classic UI comming back in the future i will have to start looking for an alternative viewer, please don't make us do that Foxit Software.

Hope to hear some good news from you soon.

Comment

Hello, I am a long time user of Foxit PDF. I am really unhappy that you removed the classic toolbar and also that this wasn't obvious at the download link. I'm now downloading the older version after installing the newer one and finding out that it has the ribbon. I really really hate the ribbon. I have tried using it for a while now in Foxit, in MS products, in other things, but I just don't like it at all. It doesn't work for me. The menus are faster and I don't have to hunt around clicking on different tabs looking for settings. Anyways I REALLY hope you will restore the classic toolbar in future versions. I made an account just to post this. If you don't I will continue to use the older version but will start looking for a different piece of software. Thanks for your consideration.

Comment

Dear Foxit PDF:
                                I was very dismayed to find that Version 7.3 of my favorite PDF reader does not have classic toolbar support.
                                Unfortunately, ribbons are a UI disaster. There have been many writings describing at length why menus are a far more effective UI paradigm than the Microsoft Ribbon idea. I would direct the reader to an IT-Tactics article, as well as http://www.projectpro.com/letters/usability.html.

Comment

Working...
                                X