Foxit Read 7.3.0.118 Classic toolbar missing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iizme
    1) Regarding the toolbar not available in full screen mode, I've forwarded your comments to PM team for processing. Feedback ID#´╝ÜPHANTOM-6060.
    2) Regarding the shortcut (Alt, C, T, H) not longer available, could you please let us know the exact shortcut you used so I could test them on our side and better advise?

RedFish @Arictic Haze

Your comments have been forwarded to PHANTOM-5994 as feedback for PM team's references. Thank you.

Comment

I'm using (and enjoying) Foxit from version 1.3 Standalone version. But only until today.
      I hate ribbons and i'm very disappointed with this "new" fantastic ideas of Foxit Software to cancel Classic UI.
      In effect i don't like new version (7) until their born because is not fast than version 5 (my favourite version) ...it appears to have a little "jet lag" when opening file. Very annoyng and not absolutely present on older version.
      Overall i'm very disappointed because if i don't want upgrading to new version (and for this i select appropriate flag on update tab) every some times i found on my pc the latest version installed why this happens???
      Foxit cloud etc...and other features are absolutely NOT necessary for a light and fast reader, but classic toolbar is VERY fast, small, comfortable and useful.
      I don't think classic UI is so loud to reduce speed of software and take a lot of time of development team, because the code is present from a lot of time and don't need improving...is perfect!!!.
      If Microsoft is completely crazy to force users to ribbon why do you make the same error??? I'm using Office 2010, but obviously with a tool to convert ribbon in classic UI and is completely different, fast, comfortable like older versions.
      Thank you an excuse me for my poor english.
      Stefano

P.S. Obviously i have uninstalled as soon as possible 7.3 and come back to my favourite version 5.0.2.801. If not solved in the future the problem that force update to the newest version, i will go back to the 1.3 standalone version, the fastest pdf reader on the earth!!!

Comment

I'm here to also protest the loss of the Classic toolbar. I spent a half hour trying to figure out where it went. Bring it back!!!! I don't want to use an older version of Foxit Reader because wouldn't that be more vulnerable to exploits?

The ribbon bar is way to bulky. I hate ribbons and will not use a product that has one. I know you can click the tiny arrow to hide the ribbon, but it doesn't stay hidden the next time I open a PDF.

Comment

stefano76 ChocoMuffin Your comments have been forwarded to PHANTOM-5994 as feedback for PM team's references. Thank you.

Comment

I, too, have registered just to add my voice to this thread. The objections to every ribbon UI I've ever seen, not excepting Foxit Reader, are that it is visually cluttered, disorganized, takes up too much screen space, requires too much mental processing to switch constantly between meaningless icons and low-contrast text, and is just a slower, less efficient way to interact with a program than drop-down, fly-out menus. Aside from the esthetic objections, they inevitably require more mouse travel and clicks. I have made an effort to adapt to them but have never found one that is as comfortable and efficient as the menuing system it supplanted, so now I use old versions of software if at all possible. (Hello, MS Office 2003!)

Progress is good, but changes sometimes can be regressions, and that's how I classify ribbons.

I am grateful, though, that Foxit has made the 7.2 version available. I reinstalled that last month and kept a copy of the installer in case I ever need it again.

Comment

Originally posted by jdbosma View Post
              I, too, have registered just to add my voice to this thread. The objections to every ribbon UI I've ever seen, not excepting Foxit Reader, are that it is visually cluttered, disorganized, takes up too much screen space, requires too much mental processing to switch constantly between meaningless icons and low-contrast text, and is just a slower, less efficient way to interact with a program than drop-down, fly-out menus. Aside from the esthetic objections, they inevitably require more mouse travel and clicks. I have made an effort to adapt to them but have never found one that is as comfortable and efficient as the menuing system it supplanted, so now I use old versions of software if at all possible. (Hello, MS Office 2003!)

Progress is good, but changes sometimes can be regressions, and that's how I classify ribbons.

I am grateful, though, that Foxit has made the 7.2 version available. I reinstalled that last month and kept a copy of the installer in case I ever need it again.
              QUOTE 100% !!!!
              Me too i keep installer of each version of software that i think will be useful....especially because sometimes the software houses made a big mistake.
              Sometimes i'm very curious what happens into a brain of "marketing people" when they decide to complicate a life of other people....if you complicate my life and my work...simply i search another way to keep my life simple!!! Forcing people's is never a good idea to keep users.
              Please can anybody tell me in what mode ribbons UI keep my work simple and fast? Ribbons UI DECREASE free screen areas and need more scroll to read one page, especially on 16:9 screen.
              I don't need extra gym for my fingers
              Google is full of topics, addon, SW, tutorial that explain how to convert software's "modern" view in classic view.....you don't think this is a valid feedback?

P.S. Office 2003 is the best version of this suite, after only un-needed gadget, worst time and increase stress! I'm very sad that Foxit follow this way.

Comment

Ohhhh, why? Just why? Why do you keep hurting de user experience? I didn't switch to Foxit like 10 years ago because of their tons of never-used features added with every new version. I switched beacause I needed a leightweight PDF reader with a nice user interface and a straightforward user experience. Please go back to that philosophy.

You almost lost me when you eliminated Most-Recently-Used tab switching with ctrl+Tab and other useful shortcuts like ctrl+pgUp and ctrl+pgDown to switch tabs from right to left and left to right or ctrl+Home and ctrl+End to go to the beginning/end of a document (why on earth would you do that?). I'm very sad now to see that UX is being taken another step backwards, to a point where I have to look for a new PDF reader that is able to satisfy me, because Foxit sadly doesn't anymore.

I won't state all my objections to the ribbon because people already did that. I just want to add one more thing: the classic menu has better accesibility with keyboard shurtcuts like alt followed by arrow keys. I hope you reconsider so I can come back to Foxit in a near future. I really enjoyed using it for all these years (with ever decreasing levels of satisfaction, as explained above).

My recommendation to you: go back to focusing on polishing the user experience, instead of focusing on the release of new hardly-ever-used features.

Thanks.

P.S.: Foxit 5, the best PDF reader ever!
                Last edited by Wariou; 02-29-2016, 02:00 AM.

Comment

My favourite version is 2.3 Build 2923. Still opens 99.9% of PDF documents.
                  Has a problem handling some Forms (when I need to switch temporarily to a newer version).

Comment

Hi Jdbosma, Stefano76,& Wariou,
                    Your comments have been forwarded to PHANTOM-5994 as feedback for PM team's references. Thank you.

Hi Darkrats,

Please let me know the detailed problem you get in the latest version7.3, and send us a sample file in question for internal test.
                    If it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to support@foxitsoftware.com. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Where could I find the 7.2.8. version? Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi lyndi_wu,
                        I don't have a problem opening forms in the latest version. I was talking about a really old version 2.3.
                        If you're willing to take a look at fixing that particular version to handle modern forms, that would be great.
                        But, my understanding is that you would like me to always use the latest version.
                        On a side note. It was mentioned that the next version will be out in March. Any word on bringing back the classic toolbar?
                        I think we're all waiting to hear something about that, as everyone in this thread want to see it's return.

Comment

Try this: http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/f..._enu_Setup.exe

Comment

Reverting to the classic toolbar by using the 7.2.8 version. No fan of the bulky ribbon interface either!

Comment

I'm still using PaintShopPro 5.03 from April 1999 on Windows 10. If it's kept offline and does exactly what you want, there's no need to ever update it. I currently have FR728 set up the same way!

Comment

darkrats,
                                Please try the latest version, if the issue also exists in the latest version 7.3, we will report the issue to our team for further investigation.
                                About the requirement for bringing back the classic toolbar, our PM team will evaluate it. As I know, the next version will not bring back the classic toolbar.

RealRaptor
                                Thank you for your sharing.

RolfNoot
                                Your comment has been forwarded to PHANTOM-5994 as feedback for PM team's references.Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X