Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foxit Read 7.3.0.118 Classic toolbar missing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dear Mike Rumble and darkrats,
    User would receive a letter with a link for activating account after having registered an account on forum.
    If you didn't click the link to activate your account,then all of your posts on forum will be in unapproved status.
    Anyway,I have already manually activated account"darkrats"for you,so you can now use this account to post new posts again.
    Last edited by Lisa_lee; 03-24-2016, 09:27 AM.

    Comment


    • I started using FoxIT reader six years ago as a replacement for other PDF readers which were littered with busy interfaces which robbed me of productivity. I recent tried (not by choice) to use the ribbon interface in FoxIT Reader which ended up slowing me down greatly and causing a lot of frustration. After 30 minutes of that, it was time to rip 'n replace- back to the earlier version. Lost some more time in that process, but the previous version with classic toolbar is easier to just USE.

      Thanks for the great product, and thanks for listening.

      Comment


      • Thanks for that, Lisa_lee.
        But, can you at least explain why no one from the Foxit developer's group will respond to any of the posts here?
        Surely, they must be looking at them from time to time. Have they been ordered not to respond?
        I fear that Foxit is going down the same path as Piriform after they changed the way Ccleaner looked.
        They just completely ignored every upset user, and pressed on to do whatever they wanted, forgetting that software is often a collaberation between creators and users.
        Will Foxit do the same thing?

        Comment


        • Logged in as "darkrats".
          Tried to post and immediately got an error window popup.
          Unable to post, as expected.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Mike Rumble View Post
            Logged in as "darkrats".
            Tried to post and immediately got an error window popup.
            Unable to post, as expected.
            Dear Mike,

            We deeply sorry for this inconvenience caused you.
            There were some problems with our forum backstage module yesterday,so your account"darkrats"was not activated successfully yesterday.
            I have just now activated it already and double confirmed its status on our forum backstage.



            Comment


            • Originally posted by darkrats View Post
              Thanks for that, Lisa_lee.
              But, can you at least explain why no one from the Foxit developer's group will respond to any of the posts here?
              Surely, they must be looking at them from time to time. Have they been ordered not to respond?
              I fear that Foxit is going down the same path as Piriform after they changed the way Ccleaner looked.
              They just completely ignored every upset user, and pressed on to do whatever they wanted, forgetting that software is often a collaberation between creators and users.
              Will Foxit do the same thing?
              Dear darkrats,
              I am sorry that our developers don't work on Forum directly since they are focusing on program development.Thanks for your kind understanding.
              But our forum moderators always pay attention to forum threads.We do have already submitted users' feedback about the ribbon toolbar mode to our internal feature system for our product marketing team and development team's reference.

              Comment


              • This morning i see this:
                http://forums.foxitsoftware.com/foru...=1458898471047

                This means that developper's team decide to force everyone to download only latest version.
                Peoples cannot download and use what they want or what they need.....isn't crazy?

                Dear "old" users i think we have to make an idea that old GOOD interface was definitely lost

                P.S. A lifesaver for us: http://www.oldapps.com/foxit_reader.php

                Comment


                • Originally posted by stefano76 View Post
                  This morning i see this:
                  http://forums.foxitsoftware.com/foru...=1458898471047

                  This means that developper's team decide to force everyone to download only latest version.
                  Peoples cannot download and use what they want or what they need.....isn't crazy?

                  Dear "old" users i think we have to make an idea that old GOOD interface was definitely lost

                  P.S. A lifesaver for us: http://www.oldapps.com/foxit_reader.php
                  Our website only offers the latest version, if you need the old version, please contact us at support@foxitsoftware.com, thank you.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by richell_huang View Post
                    Our website only offers the latest version, if you need the old version, please contact us at support@foxitsoftware.com, thank you.
                    Richard, when will the "latest version" be UPgraded to include the Classic ToolBar option?? Thanks in advance for your answer!!

                    Comment


                    • Richard, when will the "latest (greatest) version" be upgraded with an option to use the Classic Toolbar??

                      Comment


                      • testing 1 2 3 .... will it work this time??

                        Comment


                        • I have emailed Foxit support as above asking them to supply me with the most recent version that offers the classic toolbar option. If the developers do not read the forum perhaps they will get the message if enough users (or ex-users) email them asking for the old version to be supplied.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ex_FoxitReader_user View Post

                            Richard, when will the "latest version" be UPgraded to include the Classic ToolBar option?? Thanks in advance for your answer!!

                            I am afraid that currently our developers still doesn't have the plan to add back the classic toolbar now. The classic toolbar mode may be phased out in the future considering more and more people get used to the Ribbon mode.You may feed that it is uncomfortable to use the ribbon toolbar now. Once you get used to it, you'll find ribbon toolbar is way much better than the classic toolbar just like those users who likes Ribbon toolbar mode. Thank you.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ex_FoxitReader_user View Post
                              testing 1 2 3 .... will it work this time??
                              Ex_FoxitReader_user ,we would like to know what you want to make it to work?

                              Comment


                              • My attempts at posting produced a window that said "Error" and didn't post - until a few minutes later. As for FoxitReader, it doesn't work (for me and a few of my friends here) without the Classic Toolbar. Now that I have your attention, can you update us on the discussions of Team 5994 that supposedly are seeing our posts. Thanks.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X