No more offline download

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback No more offline download

I'm missing an opportunity to download a complete Foxit-Reader setup for offline installation. Since a week or so you only offer a web installer. I prefer to have a local backup of the setups of my installed software to be independent in the case i don't have an internet connection. In the old download page i could see the current version. As i don't like automatic update checks, because i don't know which information are transferred beneath the real check, i generally disable such functionality. Now i have to scroll down to the end of the page and open the version history to be able to check which is the current version of Foxit Reader. In my opinion this is not very user friendly.

Please think about switching back to the old download page.

Regards
    Klaus

Dear Klaus,
    For those users who need a complete Foxit Reader installer,they could write request to support@foxisoftware.com and we will send link to them directly.
    Following is link for downloading a full package Foxit Reader 7.3.4:
    http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/f...etup_clean.exe

Comment

.....tipically way to force users to latest version. This is strictly connected to new "ribbon edition"....

http://www.oldapps.com/foxit_reader.php
      Last edited by stefano76; 03-25-2016, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stefano76 View Post
        .....tipically way to force users to latest version. This is strictly connected to new "ribbon edition"....

http://www.oldapps.com/foxit_reader.php
        Our website only offers the latest version, if you need the old version, please contact us at support@foxitsoftware.com, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_lee View Post
          For those users who need a complete Foxit Reader installer,they could write request to support@foxisoftware.com and we will send link to them directly.
          I hope the link you posted is valid also for future releases. If i have to request a new version per mail each time i will think about using another product.

Regards
          Klaus

Comment

Originally posted by luedi View Post

I hope the link you posted is valid also for future releases. If i have to request a new version per mail each time i will think about using another product.

Regards
            Klaus
            Dear Klaus,You may choose to visit the following link to choose the version that you want to download there:
            http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/f...r/desktop/win/

Comment

Thanks, i bookmarked this link.

Comment

Norton Security is flagging the new downloader as a threat, Suspicious.Cloud.9. Norton Security, latest version, latest LiveUpdate. It's currently not possible to install FoxitReader without disabling Norton Security.
                Remove Suspicious.Cloud.9 - Symantec Security Response provides comprehensive internet protection expertise to guard against complex threats, information about latest new computer viruses and spyware.

Comment

tanstaafl

Please update the virus library of Norton Security software and see if it helps. If not, please make a screenshot that shows the problem and let us know which version of Foxit Reader you tried to install. You may also choose to email the info directly to support@foxitsoftware.com. Thank you.

Comment

Norton Security is version 22.6.0.142, which is the latest, and all definitions are up to date via LiveUpdate. I was downloading Foxit Reader via the main download link, and foxitreader.exe is the file getting flagged. The attached picture shows the three tabs of the Norton warning dialog.

Edit: Hmm. The attachment is too small to be visible. Here's a link to the image: http://imgur.com/i6mTTHj
                    Last edited by tanstaafl; 03-30-2016, 11:44 AM.

Comment

tanstaafl

This should be a false alarm as the Foxit Reader package has passed all security/anti-virus scan check before release. Foxit marketing team has been contacting some anti-virus companies to request them to remove these false flags and put us on their white lists asap. I've updated your comments to our internal bug tracking system for QA, Dev and PM team's further investigation and update. Report ID#: 75977. We'll post the update here. Or you may write to support@foxitsoftware.com to request the update. Thank you.
                      Last edited by cherry; 04-05-2016, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X