Foxit PDF for OS X scrolling issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxit PDF for OS X scrolling issue

I have just installed Foxit Reader 1.1.1.0301 for Mac; however pages now display in proper resolution in HiDPI mode (an issue I had submitted earlier), there is now another problem present: scrolling is slow and jumpy, both when scrolling with a mouse and Magic Trackpad 2. I compared this to Adobe DC and Preview, and both are flawless. Perhaps there's something in Foxit Reader's code that might be improved in this respect?

d14b0ll0s

Sorry, please help to send us the file which has the issue for further test,if it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to support@foxitsoftware.com. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by lyndi_wu; 05-09-2016, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lyndi_wu View Post
      d14b0ll0s

Sorry, please help to send us the form which has the issue for further test,if it is inconvenient to upload here, you may email the PDF document to support@foxitsoftware.com. Thank you in advance.
      Sure, could you just tell me which form to fill in? It does not happen with any particular document, but all PDF files that I open.

Comment

d14b0ll0s Sorry, I mean the file on your side, can you reproduce the issue with Quick Guide under Help>Quick Guide in Foxit Reader?
        In addition, let me know your system version, thanks!

Comment

d14b0ll0s Sorry, I mean the file on your side, can you reproduce the issue with Quick Guide under Help>Quick Guide in Foxit Reader?
          In addition, let me know your system version, thanks!
          Yes, it's the same with the Quick Guide; there's not much jumpiness in either of these files with Magic Trackpad scrolling, but both with the trackpad and the mouse it is just slower (much less lines per scroll) than in other PDF readers, which is annoying if I want to look around fast, as I often need to do. Perhaps either acceleration or a switch in the settings could be added to Foxit for Mac?
          Newest OS X El Capitan (ver. 10.11.4). Mac Mini (Late 2012), 2,3 GHz i7, 16GB RAM 1600MHz, HD Graphic 4000 1536MB

Comment

d14b0ll0s

Would you please help to make a video to show the issue?

Comment

d14b0ll0s

Would you please help to make a video to show the issue?
              Could you recommend any particular app that I could use? I suppose recording this with an external camera/phone would not be particularly helpful.

Comment

I have this issue too. The issue was not present on my mac mini on OSX Sierra, but when I switched to an iMac with Retina (hi-dpi) display, I find the same bad scrolling as the original poster... Please fix. Thanks.

Comment

granja

This issue"slow scrolling on a mac"has been submitted to our internal bug tracking system for our QA team to do further analysis with report ID#MACLNX-986.
                  I will keep you informed for any updates about it.

Comment

Working...
                  X