version 7.3.4.311 carshes on fast ring windows/10 builds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash version 7.3.4.311 carshes on fast ring windows/10 builds

whenever I open a document the reader crashes. Oddly it seems to work fine as a web plug-in in internet explorer. Any thoughts.

Thank you for post. Could you please provide us below information?
    1 Does the issue occur to all pdf files?
    2 How did you open a file? Double click to open or open it within program?
    3 Could you send us the crash log files crashlog.txt and CRASH.DMP? you can find under the directory C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Foxit Reader
    4 Please collect your Computer info via below tool for us.
    http://sync-cn.foxitsoftware.com/iss...mputerInfo.exe

Please run it>click GetInfo>choose Save> send the saved TXT file to us.

Comment

I have the same issue on multiple machines; both double clicking on files and dragging into Foxit. Can't save the crashlog to this reply, it's too large for the forum software..Uploading CRASH also fails (invalid file) Anxious to nail this! Also uploading a sample PDF that crashes. Note it crashes on every file I send to it.

Comment

elwebst

Please email to support@foxitsoftware.com instead. If it is too large to be delivered by email, you may upload the files to cloud service (E.g. dropbox, google chrome) then share the link to us.

Comment

Files sent! Anything else you need, please let me know.

Comment

Files sent! If you need anything else, please let me know.

Comment

Files sent! If you need anything else, please let me know.

Comment

Hi elwebst,

Thank you for your email. Would you please run Foxit Reader, go to File>Preferences>General, uncheck the option"Show Advertisement",click on OK, then open pdf file in Foxit again to see if it helps?
                Last edited by lyndi_wu; 05-23-2016, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Hello, I also had the same crashes either loading a document by clicking on it or loading it from Foxit's interface and Lyndi Wu's (http://forums.foxitsoftware.com/memb..._wu)suggestion to turn off the advertising worked for me.

Thank goodness, I was going out of my mind!

Why on earth would an advertisement crash foxit when loading a document? I did notice the crash always happened immediately after the advertisement. Will there be a fix soon, please???

Comment

Flakheart

Thank you for your feedback, I have reported the issue to our team for further investigation and fix it, report ID:77720

elwebst g4ugm

Would you please try to turn off the advertisement to see if it helps?

Comment

Working...
                    X